Panplayer

Cas

Hi

Been playing with Panplayer and trying out some movies.

I tried some .mp4 files that I use on my iPod Touch that on this are good quality, and can be played

full screen, but when played on the Pandora using Panplayer the quality is sort of poor and they

cannot be played full screen.

I assume this is the fault of the player ?

i didnt even know panplayer could play in non fullscreen...

now as far as playback goes, yes its not perfect yet, far from what youll get on an iphone for instance.

I personally use xvid converted at 800x400ish to get a smooth playback, my vids i coverted for the iphone all work perfectly tho, but they werent the highest possible quality, and aimed at being as small as possible (comedy standup, so dont really care about quality so long as it was whatchable XD.

The biggest issue of panplayer (and others like mplayer) for Pandora is the black bars in the bottom and top of the screen. That black bars are specially nasty when watching contents with "hardcoded subtitles", because sometimes this subtitles are cut.

Panplayer can play in windowed mode also, just press "F" key and... voila!

Also in windowed mode, the offending top and bottom black bars dissapear and subtitles are not cut anymore, but it would be great if we could get rid of these bars in full screen mode also.

huh Ive never seen any black bars anywhere :blink:

but ive only been watching 4:3 tv shows from decades past ;) (I do notice quite some tearing(?) seeing a line going over the screen especially when vertical lines are in the picture)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love PanPlayer, works fine for me. My vids are encoded using the same format that I use for my nokia 5800, about 630x360.

What resolution are you encoding to?

The biggest issue of panplayer (and others like mplayer) for Pandora is the black bars in the bottom and top of the screen. That black bars are specially nasty when watching contents with "hardcoded subtitles", because sometimes this subtitles are cut.

Panplayer can play in windowed mode also, just press "F" key and... voila!

Also in windowed mode, the offending top and bottom black bars dissapear and subtitles are not cut anymore, but it would be great if we could get rid of these bars in full screen mode also.

Hi

Thanks for the F key pointer, it has made viewing much much better.

Start movie, hit F key, then use square enlarge window icon, :)

Back