Pandora Pandora Web Browser Controls

darkbiship

Still Fresh
Website
www.freewebs.com
Well I know there are going to be multple browsers ported to the pandora in the end, but I think there should be a native browser for the pandora.
My main concern is controls, so this is what I want to see control wise for the pandora web browser.
Stylus-Obvious for clicking, but also used for dragging the web page around
Right thumbstick-Zoom control.
froward for in, backwards for out.
L and R-Quick tab switching if tabs are around, other wise back/foward.
A, or Bottom gamepad button+Stylus click=Rightclick.
Keyboard-Keyboard (spluh)
dpad-up refresh/stop
dpaddown-close tab/window
dpad left/right-foward/back if L and R are occupied with tabs.

ITT post your wanted control scheme for the pandora web browser.

I think R + stylus should be right click and L + stylus should be scroll click (for opening links in tabs!)

otherwise I agree

I second Kyosys' idea ^.^

Alternatively, a pie-menu for right/middle clicks that shows up after you hold down the stylus for an appropriate (and preferably user-controllable) time would be _really_ cool, too

EDIT:
Like So ... Or so (Mac OS though...) :D

it'd be awesome to have the touch screen in the browser function like the iPhones browser, where you can drag the page up and down from the center, and you can flick it up and it continues rolling after your finger is lifted depending on how hard you flicked... if that makes sense?

babamthegrunt said:
Stylus-Obvious for clicking, but also used for dragging the web page around
@Last Poster
Already discussed although I think what you described would get annoying after trying to click on one tiny dot for ages, and zooming past it every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
RedStar1949 said:
it'd be awesome to have the touch screen in the browser function like the iPhones browser, where you can drag the page up and down from the center, and you can flick it up and it continues rolling after your finger is lifted depending on how hard you flicked... if that makes sense?
There are so many input devices on it, you can have one of the analog nubs dedicated to scrolling around.

sindbad said:
RedStar1949 said:
There are so many input devices on it, you can have one of the analog nubs dedicated to scrolling around.

That was one of the most annoying things about the PSP, I hated scrolling around with the nub.
Stylus>nub
Stylus FTW

I can't see why both can't be done. Just have a scrollbar that you can drag the stylus over, and program the 'nub' to handle scrolling as well.

Well, I just disagree with the right stick being used, as 90% of the world are right handed while only 10% are left handed (source wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-handed)

If you used the left stick, you could use it while holding it and that way you wouldn't have to let go of the stylus.

It should definitely have a "switch right and left nub" option for those who are left-handed, then.

Not that I'm left handed, but 100 is better than 90

Kyosys said:
It should definitely have a "switch right and left nub" option for those who are left-handed, then.

Not that I'm left handed, but 100 is better than 90
I'm left handed and I plan on using the touchscreen for 80% of my browsing.
Another sign that the right handed overlords :rolleyes: are remaking the world in their image is amount of left handed people who are forced into right handed practices every day.:p

But I'll still use the right analog nub(even if I have a choice) because I have conformed to the system.:D

Kyosys said:
I think R + stylus should be right click and L + stylus should be scroll click (for opening links in tabs!)

otherwise I agree
Explain how I could reach both buttons while holding the device like a DS, or having it sitting on a desk like a laptop - and jabbing at the screen with the stylus?

I'm right handed, so the R trigger is out of bounds when using the stylus. The L trigger will be out of bounds for south paws.

Wouldn't it make more sense to use the L trigger + stylus for mouse B3/scroll click and L stick click for right click during hand held use? Or vice versa if you use the right mouse button more often than I do.

The middle click helps when you have a mouse, since it opens links in new tabs and pastes the last selected piece of text on a default Xorg install. But it is not essential.

Any shoulder button+stylus for right click should be ok.

sindbad said:
Any shoulder button+stylus for right click should be ok.
I agree.

When the unit is sitting on a table they are a bit out of reach, but I wouldn't try to right click on something without picking the unit up anyways.

cools said:
Kyosys said:

otherwise I agree
Explain how I could reach both buttons while holding the device like a DS, or having it sitting on a desk like a laptop - and jabbing at the screen with the stylus?

I'm right handed, so the R trigger is out of bounds when using the stylus. The L trigger will be out of bounds for south paws.

Wouldn't it make more sense to use the L trigger + stylus for mouse B3/scroll click and L stick click for right click during hand held use? Or vice versa if you use the right mouse button more often than I do.

That is a very good point, though I am able to do that with my DS Lite if I hold it... awkwardly. I guess I didn't really think that through so well.
I guess L and R should be right click then, and left and X (or whatever is on the outside, being able to set that in options) should make a tab click then

Considering that open link in new tab is already on the right click menu, yeah both should be right click.

Back