Pandora Stalker?

bananajamslam

Still Fresh
Hi. I don't know if this is the right place to put this or not, but...

I've noticed that ever since the iControlPad has started growing in popularity, (Which I care none whatsoever about due to my special hatred for Apple products...) the Pandora Stalker has picked up a lot more of information that has, well... nothing to do with the pandora. I don't exactly know how the software works or who maintians it, but it's kind of annoying when you click on a link that says something like "250 shipping..." only to discover that it's for the iControlPad. :(

I guess what I'm saying is, "Is it possible for someone to set up a filter to remove everything to do with the iControlPad, and vice-versa with the pandora for those of you who don't care about the pandora?"

Hi. I don't know if this is the right place to put this or not, but...

I've noticed that ever since the iControlPad has started growing in popularity, (Which I care none whatsoever about due to my special hatred for Apple products...) the Pandora Stalker has picked up a lot more of information that has, well... nothing to do with the pandora. I don't exactly know how the software works or who maintians it, but it's kind of annoying when you click on a link that says something like "250 shipping..." only to discover that it's for the iControlPad. :(

I guess what I'm saying is, "Is it possible for someone to set up a filter to remove everything to do with the iControlPad, and vice-versa with the pandora for those of you who don't care about the pandora?"
Nah,I like to hear about the icontrolpad too

Nah,I like to hear about the icontrolpad too

Actually, you could probably just include a checkbox or something so that users can choose what they want to hear about. Like if you check just pandora, then only posts about the pandora are displayed , if you check just the iControlPad then only posts about the iControlPad would be displayed and if you check both then you can see both.

The problem is, how would I determine which items are about iControlPad, and which are about the Pandora? :huh:

I could generate an additional page which filters out anything coming from the iCP section of the boards (that would take some work), but any twitter/youtube/etc items about the iCP (including the "250 boards") would still show up.

(And by the way, despite it's name, the iControlPad is actually designed for use with any smartphone, not just Apple's ;) )

Alec

The problem is, how would I determine which items are about iControlPad, and which are about the Pandora? :huh:

I could generate an additional page which filters out anything coming from the iCP section of the boards (that would take some work), but any twitter/youtube/etc items about the iCP (including the "250 boards") would still show up.

What about just filtering out anything that contains a few keywords like: "iControlPad", "iCP", etc. I'm sure that would remove the majority of it, which is all that really matters. I understand that it's nearly impossible to separate all the posts from all the different sources.

(And by the way, despite it's name, the iControlPad is actually designed for use with any smartphone, not just Apple's ;) )

Alec

I didn't know that.

Unfortunately the only cellphone I own is on par with those ones you can buy from a convenience store. (Maybe a little worse than that actually. Some of those phones are pretty fancy.) Not to mention that fact that I already blew all my money on the pandora. :p

What about just filtering out anything that contains a few keywords like: "iControlPad", "iCP", etc. I'm sure that would remove the majority of it, which is all that really matters. I understand that it's nearly impossible to separate all the posts from all the different sources.
Slight problem there: I've seen those same keywords get mentioned by team members in the Pandora section also, so you would lose Pandora-related posts.

Back