Pandora Pandora Scripts

CyberLeo

Who is it that maintains the Pandora scripts for things like auto-mounting SD cards? I have a few patches that I maintain locally that I think may be useful to a wider audience, but would like to discuss how the features might be made more general.

Namely, I have a patch that alters the behaviour of the Pandora button to launch xfrun4 instead (since I have my taskbar auto-hide, which thwarts the default behaviour), and a patch that reads mount options from a file on the SD card upon automount (to turn off dirsync on my ext4-formatted SD cards, since the journal obviates the need for this).

Thanks!

That's me :)

Does your Pandora-Button solution open the menu and close it again on second press? :)

Does your Pandora-Button solution open the menu and close it again on second press? :)
You ask this every time, but I've been using the Pandora button to run "xfdesktop --menu" for years without ever seeing a duplicate menu, and I've indicated such on a number of occasions.

You ask this every time, but I've been using the Pandora button to run "xfdesktop --menu" for years without ever seeing a duplicate menu, and I've indicated such on a number of occasions.
But that's doesn't open the application menu but the right-click menu and it also appears where your mouse is and not in the top-left corner (which I find pretty annoying, no idea how it's for others)

But that's doesn't open the application menu but the right-click menu and it also appears where your mouse is and not in the top-left corner (which I find pretty annoying, no idea how it's for others)
Fair comment, but it's not really the same thing though.

That's me :)

Nope. Mine brings up the 'Run' dialogue. I'm more text-oriented, so it's a lot more comfortable for me to just type what I want as opposed to menu-down-down-down-down-down-right-down-down-enter or having to pop out the stylus. It's one of the reasons I love this device and its keyboard so much.

I was looking for feedback as to how best to make the action more configurable: default to clicking on the menu, so as not to change the existing behaviour, but the presence of a file in /etc (or a config option somewhere else) causes it to launch a different program or script instead.

As for the mount-options patch, I was wondering if anyone knew of any possible security problems available in the options passed to mount. At the moment, my patch just reads a file (.mount.opts) on the filesystem in question and, if present, uses its contents as the argument to the -o option. A cursory search didn't turn up any possibility of exploits or other overtly damaging behaviour triggerable by mount options alone, but that doesn't mean the possibility does not exist.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
gog don't seem to care about linux at all.... but if they have anything that can be emulated or have the data pulled from it - Might make sense

I posted this in the wrong thread... MODS please delete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back