Pandora Logo?

Sphinxter said:
I think it looks better in bitstream vera serif and that's coming from a porschephile.
In general, I find that serifed fonts aren't that good for logos, but there are exceptions to the rule, of course, and I don't know what bitstream vera serif looks like. Grotesques for the win, though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Magnulus said:
Sphinxter said:
I think it looks better in bitstream vera serif and that's coming from a porschephile.
In general, I find that serifed fonts aren't that good for logos, but there are exceptions to the rule, of course, and I don't know what bitstream vera serif looks like. Grotesques for the win, though!

logo.jpg

throw something next to it that might come out of the box and it's instant elegance.
logo1.jpg

Hand tune that kerning a little eh what?

Kagato said:
Going the other way, I've replaced the squares in the logo with circles:
pandoralogo6sc1.png

And refining it a bit further:
pandoralogo8wx6.png
I REALLY like these, also the symbol is very much like the 'hacker' symbol (im sure that was intentional) which is cool too, considering what the pandora is for :D

I just noticed that Rob Hubbard (of c64 sid music fame) had a tune called Pandora! Maybe that could be used for the tv/youtube commercial... And the tune is not half bad either :D

EDIT: well for a split second I thought this was a general ad's for pandora thread, sry.

jpic3yk said:
a few updates on mine, I added a new symbol that should appease the P&|A crowd but it's subtle enough to not look too geeky. I still like Shirohagen's box idea better though. I wouldn't mind pairing my text with somebody's symbol either, whatever everyone thinks looks best on the device.

panda11.jpg
I'm a bit late commenting, but the p&|a is _too_ subtle, now it just raises questions on what p&a stands for, as in t&a... I'm all for the symbol otherwise though.

I'm a bit late commenting, but the p&|a is _too_ subtle, now it just raises questions on what p&a stands for, as in t&a... I'm all for the symbol otherwise though.

P&A = gay version of T&A? I'll let you assign the letters to body parts. Lets get the p&|a in pink and run with it!

I can't stand p&|a, so no to that idea.

I really don't care about the logo (except maybe something tasteful, like a two-tone drawing of the unit with the lid open and the unmistakeable layout showing), as long as it isn't too garish for me to be seen using or endorsing it (cough*like most of what I have seen here*cough).

Maybe something like a single womanly silhouette on one side of the two-tone of the unit? (just two compound curves, kind of a half hourglass) That way it has an organic curve, it still has the "box" as well as the button layout (like it or not it is for sure the most recognizable feature of the system), plus it is kind of late 90's retro. Cool in other words.

Back