Pandora Pandora I18n

peca

Website
Visit site
I'd like to know some details about possibility localize Pandora. This mean how languages will be in distributed version. How to localize firmaware and bundled software. I'd like to contribute on localizing Pandora to Czech language. At least I like see final keyboard layout and prepare modification for Czech language before final distribution.

How will be Pandora's firmware support for translation prepared? Is planed only one version in few languages, or some versions with English + other language(s) for more regions or so?

I guess that this will interest many others Pandora fans from foreign countries. Especially from countries with non latin charsets (Greece, Russia, all Assia, ...)

peca said:
I'd like to know some details about possibility localize Pandora. This mean how languages will be in distributed version. How to localize firmaware and bundled software. I'd like to contribute on localizing Pandora to Czech language. At least I like see final keyboard layout and prepare modification for Czech language before final distribution.

How will be Pandora's firmware support for translation prepared? Is planed only one version in few languages, or some versions with English + other language(s) for more regions or so?

I guess that this will interest many others Pandora fans from foreign countries. Especially from countries with non latin charsets (Greece, Russia, all Assia, ...)
I think it might be a difficult thing to do--the linux installation itself might support localization, but I suspect many programs will only be available in the creator's native language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Launchpad has a very nice translation tool. Something like that would allow people to translate stuff to their own languages quite easily.

Back