Pandora Experience

lordbobjones

So I am in this meeting today and there are a few win 7 laptops, a mac book and some pda's in operation. I sit down and open up my Pandora and I get a few looks and one person actually cracked a joke. (SMART ASS) Anyway, the meeting is rolling along and after some time, one dude starts dragging chairs and moving stuff so he can plug in...battery almost dead... Pretty soon everyone is plugged in but me and the peeps with pda smart phones. I am cracking out notes, surfing the web and after about 3 hours, it is time for a break. The room was crowded behind me with all kinds of what the heck is that and are you going to plug in?

We start back and after another 2 hours I am still rolling and everyone is either on plugged in, conserving their phone battery or just shut down.

bottom line. The Pandora is an amazing little beasty and I absolutely love this machine. On the way home I rocked out some Tony Hawk Pro Skater on the PS1 emu still with plenty of battery life and thought to myself, life does not get much better than this.

Thanks for making the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news! I find personal testimonies very interesting, and helpful.

Keep us informed!

Not to mention, most of the posts do deal more with problems...

it's nice to hear to plus side once in a while...

they probably thought it was a nintendo ds, FOOLS! do they not know the power pandoras box contains!? i wouldve been making smart ass comments at them the whole time btw

I can't wait to be the one that's got one of those... I love it when people are confused like that!

So... just out of curiosity, about what level was your battery at by the ebd of the day? :)

Im using my pandora in similiar means to keep notes at school, which means something cause our school has 10+ hour days...

I turn down the lcd brightness a bit and voila. 14 hours of battery runtime.

Makes it the perfect pda replacement.

In my lunchbreak i usually fire up some ps1 or n64 games and easily make it over the day with 30 to 40% of battery runtime.

Im using my pandora in similiar means to keep notes at school, which means something cause our school has 10+ hour days...

I turn down the lcd brightness a bit and voila. 14 hours of battery runtime.

Makes it the perfect pda replacement.

In my lunchbreak i usually fire up some ps1 or n64 games and easily make it over the day with 30 to 40% of battery runtime.

Fecking incredible... You know, it's one thing to hear "oh yeah, it's got around ten hours of battery life under a full load", but to actually hear some real-world experiences make it a much more amazing device.

Hell, the performance is a good plus, but I don't think I've ever heard of something having good performance AND a long-lasting battery. The Pandora is the first I've heard of with both.

The battery life sounds absolutely insane! I wonder what it is playing games straight through because I take trips to Greece which take 9-11 hours... Any answers welcomed...

The battery life sounds absolutely insane! I wonder what it is playing games straight through because I take trips to Greece which take 9-11 hours... Any answers welcomed...

9 hours is doable, 11 is a stretch if playing games, all depends on cpu usage/etc, bviously turning off wifi and things like that help a lot aswell, just think double any modern smartphone, plus a bit more

I played 9 hours of Battle for Wesnoth on my way back from Korea last year ;)

I love that story. It would be a cool commercial :D

youre telling us like we made the pandora and work in a tv studio.....boy if only we knew one of those people....wouldnt that be just great?

I love that story. It would be a cool commercial :D
It does sound like a commercial!

The only trouble is, if it was a commercial, people would probably respond to it by saying, "It probably doesn't have that good a battery life in reality!", since they're so used to exaggerated claims from elsewhere. :lol:

Haha! No commercial. Just wanted others to know the wait is worth it.

I had about 25 - 30% bat life when I plugged in.

If we want to make it a commercial, we should advertise 45+ hours of battery life while playing PS1 emu :p

One thing you guys gotta keep in mind is that wifi is a battery sucker.

With wifi on you wont go beyond 10 hours.

Atleast i never did.

With wifi off and backlight to value 5 out of 60 you will easily reach 12 to 14 hours on normal use.

Awesome Story!

I have a G1, DS lite, DSiXL, PSP, 3rd gen iPod Touch, and my Pandora runs circles around all of them hands down A really spectacular machine.

Chris

Back