pandora enhancing add ons

zohnnyg

sega genesis had 32x and sega cd add ons. n64 had the expansion pack thingy add on. im wondering if there is any usb device that could be plugged into our pandoras that would give it more horsepower. i know people use usb wifi thingys for pandora instead of the built in wifi. but are there any more devices out there that could make the pandora more powerful?

maybe something to give it more memory? or additional processor power? or anything to give pandora more horsepower. something usb would be cool instead of opening pandora and soldering stuff.

Well, there's this pill that you can give your Pandora to make its stylus bigger...but it's dubious at best.

Well zohnnyg, the Pandora isn't all that different from any desktop computer. So, are there any USB peripherals that can boost the power of your desktop? There's Windows' ReadyBoost, but that would have no effect on a system with only flash storage. I have heard of USB graphics cards, but I don't know much about them; I expect they're not terribly good, and likely require proprietary drivers, but I can't find any right now. So there's probably no way to make any sort of power-booster peripheral.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably a new board, but that's a pain in the buttocks, innit?

serial link cable, for multiplayer and/or clustering (and as there's 2 serial ports, you could network any number of pandas with the right cable in theory)
Any standard WLAN cable should do this work. I'm not sure, does the pandora support those already in peer to peer/ad-hoc mode?

Any standard WLAN cable should do this work. I'm not sure, does the pandora support those already in peer to peer/ad-hoc mode?

well yes it can be done that way, but using a serial link cable is for nostalgias sake, so you can have 4 people all huddles around one table or chair etc to trade pogemans :p

Well, via usb you can get GPS and let's not forget about Retrode :)

I do not use the built-in stylus. It is nice, but way too small. I bought a pen that converts to a stylus

that works better for me and also feels better...

Back