Pandora Pandora Debian

cas2008

Still Fresh
will pandora be about to run the huge amount of Debian Armel games/apps?????????? Its out next month right ??????? and i heard gnash and firefox and gimp and open office are all on debian armel

hmm I was under the impression that a unique distro was being built for the pandora based on debian....and it was using the bleeding edge code (aka lenny or sid)

at teh very least someone could make an image that could be reflashed to the pandora (and there probably will be updates to the OS....) ..... but since it is coming out in later i think it would be resonable to say that it would be running lenny.

that said i'm just a causal reader of these forums maybe Chip or some other more acurately informed person knows more about it... of couse if the were more accurately informed then i guess they would have to know more about it wouldn't they.. ;) LOL

bear in mind that games may still have to be ported to opengl-es

cool lenny is all it needs i was looking at game that was ported to Debian armel the n800/n810 runs it badly because the lack of opegl

cas2008 said:
will pandora be about to run the huge amount of Debian Armel games/apps?????????? Its out next month right ??????? and i heard gnash and firefox and gimp and open office are all on debian armel
Hello. There are a number of recent posts debating exactly when the Pandora will be available, depending on how quickly issues get resolved. The developers have said they will announce how pre-orders will work and then the pre-orders will be about 4 weeks before it is available, making July availiability unlikely. So we're looking at August, maybe September. Best bet is to read the other threads to get the detail.

The OS has not, to the best of my knowledge, been declared specifically, although Armel has been mentioned it has also been suggested that apps will need to be ported or recompiled, and that there might be a package manager.

I understand that the opengl flavour is opengl es 2.0 (and the es is important).

So in summary, we have to wait and see but if you search / read the threads you will know as much as most of us. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope its out in July i can my money is burning a whole in my pocket lol

cas2008 said:
Hope its out in July i can my money is burning a whole in my pocket lol
Read main page. Says approx August. Just have to sit and wait patiently like the rest of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
This reminds me of the South Park episode where Cartman cryogenicly freezes himself because he can't stand waiting for the Wii to come out. I completely sympathize with Cartman on this point.

Back