Pandora Pandora Compiler Questions

chuckr

Still Fresh
Well, Finally, I'm on the list to get my Pandora. Accrding to what I'm seeing, I have about 2 months to come up to speed here, but I can't find too much technical stuff, in any concentrated way. What I'm after would be both a hardware and software specification of the Pandora. At the moment, I can't even find out what the Pandora looks like, pverall, in terms of what's in the unit, and what's connected to what. If you know of a spec (and there HAS to be a spec, else they couldn't have gotten it built) then please, let me have a URL.

I'm also looking for the basic info of thje software environment. I need to know what's the spec on the gcc (what's the hardware environment, enough so that I could build me first a cross compiler. My goal is also a native compiler, but I'm honestly hoping that a native gcc exists. As host, I have both a Intel quad core runnning FreeBSD, and a AMD64 running Gentoo Linux, so I'm wafter 2 corsscompilers and o ne native. What with all of the power on that board, it seems to me that no one could make an good argument that a native compiler would be unreasonable. Seeing as I can & will be adding a USB disk to it, size it's important as an argument, either.

I also need to know the environment in the Pandora, OS wise. What's the Linux version? What libc? What glibc version? What are the major system libraries I'll need for a cross-environment, and their version numbers?

I hope I don't sound too greedy here. I've looked around more than a little bit, here, but I can't find this sort of stuff anywhere. It's absolutely required, seeing as the system is put together. The project's supposed to be largely open design, so I hope I don't hit the ordinary commercial shortsightedness in releasing info. I'm terribly curious, I'm going to die of curiosity!

Last edited by a moderator:
People need to learn that the first post they come across is the gp2x development forum. The Pandora forum is further down. I'll move your post.

Secondly, the preferred compiler for the Pandora is a version of GCC from www.codesourcery.com. You can get the pre-compiled binary builds from there, so there's no need to compile it yourself (although you can of course, should you want to).

'chuckr' said:
The project's supposed to be largely open design, so I hope I don't hit the ordinary commercial shortsightedness in releasing info.
It's worth pointing out that Pandora is open as in open platform, not open as in OpenMoko. There are a couple of closed source drivers, and hardware schematics will not be available. Not sure if that's of any relevance to you.

But yeah, check out pandorawiki, plenty there to keep you occupied for while. ;)

Back