Pandora 2 is Modular

I wonder if this modularity can be pulled off could it lead to the p2 having many, many possible applications. Perhaps people could have their own spec assembled much like pcs are etc. With good software maybe it could become a device for serious uses its portability being the key. If it were weatherproof and rugged perhaps it could be used for applications in different industries/outdoors etc.

I'm liking this modular/upgradable approach to the Panda2! Really is fresh thinking for a portable thing. Complete opposite to what all the phone/tablet makers are doing... which is exciting.

Problem is, that, from what I can tell, the modularity is for upgrades, not expansions.

I really hope the team has read all the posts about form following function, and P2 should be thinner, not narrower

Problem is, that, from what I can tell, the modularity is for upgrades, not expansions.

I really hope the team has read all the posts about form following function, and P2 should be thinner, not narrower

Craig has alluded to it, in a post over the summer, that the P2 might have battery expansion modules that plug in from the bottom of the base, so the modularity isn't all on the internal side. Essentially, this would let the user replace the battery without actually handling the battery directly, as the pack will be inside some kind of cartridge casing. I don't know any specifics, but he did hint at it in an earlier post. As for the Pandora 2 having a 5" screen, i'd say given the ICP2's dimensions, it will be more in the 4.7-4.8" range plus screen bezel, which is plenty for this size device.

the P2 might have battery expansion modules that plug in from the bottom of the bas

This could be nicely interesting.

I'd be even more interested if there were a high-speed data connector (e.g. USB3.0) on the bottom to match :)

I would be nice If there were an official post outlining the current plans for the P2, but I can think of at least two reasons why this would be a bad idea. We'll have to stick to hinthunting for the moment :(

Im curious how they would maintain software compatability if there was as has been suggested p2's with higher and lower specs. I presume if the soc can be swapped out(presumably by sending it to op) and replaced with a newer, faster one would this effect compatability. Im sure m weston and craig and co have thought this all through but still interesting.

I think there should be LTS chips sold as standard, but with ES ones available as a self-upgrade or at extra cost

Of course, any connector standards should be really well documented!

Last edited by a moderator:
In this Thread, EvilDragon did mention something about Chrismass 2013 for more,

What will be on this Time??

Pandora 2 Preorder (and the usual Two Months)

Or more Infos about the Pandora 2???

As i ditnt want to buy a aktuall Android Smartphone, or Stational Konsoles (Xbox 360/720, PS3/PS4, WiUU) i think i will have the Money for a Pandora2 :)

Back