Overclock Gpscummvm 0.5.1

Hi, I tried to overclock GPscummvm 0.5.1. The normal frequency is set to 133 mhz but using the tutorial on gp32world.co.uk didn't work. It won't find the cpu frequency or the cpu parameters. It's strange since the fxe is not compressed and it's specified in the readme... help me please... I want to play sam and max with sound at fullspeed

I could hunt down my old 166Mhz clocked version of ScummVM 0.5.1 if you like it just might take me a day or two though... just comment so I can know if your interested.

(Note it doesn't go to full speed at 166Mhz, it still has those skips while loading the OGG encoded sound)

psyko_chewbacca > I have a 166 Mhz o/c version and it's still slower than the ph0x version.

So prefer the the last 0.3 version, the 0.5.1 one 7is much too slow in some games.

If you want I have a compressed 166 Mhz 0.3 version with a new icon and it works very great with all games.

0.3 have no "real" sound at all and it is les compatible. one of the best games to enjoy on your gp is loom talkie, it works like a charm wih sound at 0.5.1 at normal clock

Vimacs > I talk about the 166 Mhz 0.3 version which has a very good sound.

Try to play DOTT, Monkey 2 with 0.5.1 version...it's VERY slow, nearly unplayable.

psyko_chewbacca > Really prefer the 0.3 version (166 Mhz if your GP can run this frequency)

I simply want a scummvm build that could play games with sound and that can go at least to 166 MHz (my gp32 can go up to 220 MHz, but I wont get as high to prematurely burn my cpu). Thanks!!!

Yes but I think there 2 ports of ScummVM. Are you saying I should take the 0.3 version from DJWillis? Where can I get it?

I searched and found the 0.3 version from Ph0x. The problem is when I try to download it... the download link simply get me back to the homepage of gp32x.de and the link to the porter's site is down...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back