Over 999 Songs

klikklak

Oh neat, it's a ... field.
Website
Visit site
I posted on a thread on beta testing about this, but since that'll get ignored, here's it again:

Is there a music player that does recursively adding directories (like gmu), but that allows more than 999 songs (gmu's limit)?

I could try some automatic .m3u creation software, I suppose as a partial solution to this.

I don't know if it will meet your exact listening needs, but I just tried ommpc with >1000 songs(1095 to be exact) and it didn't seem to have any issues. Since it uses mpd it has to add them to the mpd database which took about 2.5 minutes with that many songs, but after that it was quite speedy to use, even adding all songs to a single playlist...

A word of warning, when you first start with an empty database it populates the database on startup, so the initial start will take that full 2.5 minutes mentioned... Although once you get the initial import done, I'm pretty sure it does incremental database updates, so adding another few songs won't take the full 2.5 minutes... Also, if you do create a playlist with all 1000 songs it takes a few seconds to exit also...as the playlist is saved...

Anyway, it's in the archive, feel free to give it a whirl with your library and see how it goes...

klikklak said:
I posted on a thread on beta testing about this, but since that'll get ignored, here's it again:

Is there a music player that does recursively adding directories (like gmu), but that allows more than 999 songs (gmu's limit)?

I could try some automatic .m3u creation software, I suppose as a partial solution to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aha, it does the update on start up! I tried ommpc and it seemed to fail to start so I gave up on it. I also thought you had to add the files manually to it. I've only got experience with 0.1, but I'll give it a go. Thanks.

If not creating a random playlist, you do have to manually add files to the playlist. Or create playlists beforehand... There currently isn't a way to add a directory as a playlist or anything like that....it's on the todo list though... :(

klikklak said:
Aha, it does the update on start up! I tried ommpc and it seemed to fail to start so I gave up on it. I also thought you had to add the files manually to it. I've only got experience with 0.1, but I'll give it a go. Thanks.

ommpc 0.2.2 doesn't work. I've tried now with both the 8gib card (with the music) and an empty 2gb card. I've let it run for 5+ minutes through the autorun script and tried the ommpc.gpu file which just kicks me back to the main menu ((I'm running the latest firmware).

Did you edit the necessary config files as outlined in the README?

klikklak said:
ommpc 0.2.2 doesn't work. I've tried now with both the 8gib card (with the music) and an empty 2gb card. I've let it run for 5+ minutes through the autorun script and tried the ommpc.gpu file which just kicks me back to the main menu ((I'm running the latest firmware).

Coder_TimT said:
Did you edit the necessary config files as outlined in the README?

I used the default settings because that's where my music is (/mnt/sd/music), I did however notice a typo in the config file. both pid_file and state_file are lacking an ending quote. I tried putting those in, but so far I haven't had any luck.

EDIT: I'll add the config files here, in case coder tim has time to help me. This looks good to me. note the added quotation marks.

CODE
port "6600"
music_directory "/mnt/sd/music/"
playlist_directory "/mnt/sd/music/"
log_file "/mnt/sd/ommpc2x/.mpdlog"
error_file "/mnt/sd/ommpc2x/.mpderror"
db_file "/mnt/sd/ommpc2x/db"
pid_file "/mnt/sd/ommpc2x/.pid"
state_file "/mnt/sd/ommpc2x/.mpdstate"

Where did you place the "ommpc2x" folder?

If you didn't place the "ommpc2x" folder in the root of the SD card and/or have renamed the folder to something else, then you would need to change the addresses in the mpd.conf file to reflect this.

You need to change these in the mpd.conf:

CODE
log_file "/mnt/sd/ommpc2x/.mpdlog"
error_file "/mnt/sd/ommpc2x/.mpderror"
db_file "/mnt/sd/ommpc2x/db"
pid_file "/mnt/sd/ommpc2x/.pid"
state_file "/mnt/sd/ommpc2x/.mpdstate"

Manjuu said:
Where did you place the "ommpc2x" folder?

If you didn't place the "ommpc2x" folder in the root of the SD card and/or have renamed the folder to something else, then you would need to change the addresses in the mpd.conf file to reflect this.

You need to change these in the mpd.conf:

It's located in the root, dir name ommpc2x. So I don't think it's that. I haven't got any data in error.log, which suggests something. Like a need for debug option somewhere.

First I would try it again on the empty card with no music..or maybe a couple of songs... But at least make sure the directories exists...

You should be running ommpc2x.gpe as that is the script that will return you to the menu when it's finished. As long as the directories referenced in the config files exist, it should start up.

I'm not sure what to do if that fails to work. Possibly redownload the archive?

Coder_TimT said:
First I would try it again on the empty card with no music..or maybe a couple of songs... But at least make sure the directories exists...

You should be running ommpc2x.gpe as that is the script that will return you to the menu when it's finished. As long as the directories referenced in the config files exist, it should start up.

I'm not sure what to do if that fails to work. Possibly redownload the archive?
I reinstalled and it works. Sorry for the fuss and thanks for letting me know about the random playlist option.

Back