Outcast Beta Released For Caanoo!

Thanks skeezix, one thing I did notice is there does not appear to be any support for mmuhack or warm. Is there a reason? These have always provided good performance boosts on other emulators, so I was surprised not to see it on your release.

Regards
Reesy

Back in the gp2x days, mmuhack didn't actually boost performance at all (?!?! perhaps I borked it..)

This was a fairly direct port; I've not much free time right now so didn't go the 'extra mile' :(

jeff

If anyone wants to take a run at the code and fix it up, let me know.

ie: For many years, I've stripped out the ASM and made it pure-C, so its pretty easy to work with, if sloppy from being an ancient project hacked all to hell and back :)

jeff

I can't seem to get this to run. I put the TOS.ROM into the atari st folder but it keeps saying it can't open it and then just closes the emu. I've tried multiple times with the same results. Using TOS version 1.02 (US) as stated in the readme. Any ideas?

Been out of the game for quite some time, but finally lot the extra loot to spring for a Caanoo. GREAT to see Outcast released for it! Now I can't wait for teh unit to arrive! Thanks man!

Sorry if this is a silly question. I tried to dump a TOSEC set on my card and the current Caanoo Outcast drops back to the main menu after the first into page.
If i put a small chunk of the games on it works fine, so maybe just too many games for it to display. Is there a limit?

Back