Os9xgp-0.3beta Is Out!

OMG !!! Sensible Soccer (& so many others) are now running at totaly full speed with FS0 @166 !!! Yoyo is definitly a god :) THANKS ALOT :)
really amazing work :)

triksR4rabits posted on Aug 18 2004 at 06:04 PM said:
I posted this on another thread but I figure I'll give it a go here as well and see if you guys have the same issue. Can anyone load osnes .2 from their smc (while .3 is on it of course)? Some games play a bit better with sound in .2 so I was wondering if this is possible. I renamed it as well btw. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone happen to have any suggestions?
i can, but you cant view the intro in v0.3, u can still play the games tho :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can somebody open a compatibily list for this new release? it is more confortable to find the best games which work quickly (i will do a lot of test too) thx

Well, having tried this and got a playabgle speed out of Tactics Ogre, I am very pleased :)

Ok, not *full* speed, but a LOT faster than it used to be. Without sound, Gulliver boy runs perfectly at 0 FS, which is very impressive (especially considering its a suffient underdog that I haven't heard any of its music, and thus won't miss it with sound turned off - albeit I'm playing still at 166, though :) )

Thanks again Yoyo and all, for all the hard work that's gone into this release... now just to hope someone can come up with some ASM code for the sound mixing to give us real full speed with sound...

Cool as...most games I got working were pretty much full speed w/out sound. You know, I'd dearly love sound, but good speed & compatability is more important IMHO. Plus the new transparency hacks work a treat.

Q: Can anyone get Cannon Fodder working? Strange thing is, I had this working great the first couple of times I booted it up, but after a while it stopped working. I've tried all different settings and shit, but no joy. Any ideas?

:) Nice very nice.
But damn. Sound stil crackles a little in Harvest Moon (haven't tryed another game yet).
When I played for a while the game crashed too with a loud BEEEEEEEEP!
That was annoying.. forgot to save.
I have problems actully turning the sound On :( First i set the sound to On. Then I restart the game, then I loade my game = No sound. Maybe I did it wrong.

But anyway, good work!!! B)

Huxley posted on Aug 21 2004 at 02:23 PM said:
Q: Can anyone get Cannon Fodder working? Strange thing is, I had this working great the first couple of times I booted it up, but after a while it stopped working. I've tried all different settings and shit, but no joy. Any ideas?
If you have an SMC writer to hand (or just use GPDrive...) then take everything off the card, format it via PC-Link, and then pur everything back just as it was. It worked once for me for getting OS9x to work again after it bizarrely stopped, though that was with 0.2.

Do note that a PC-Link formatted SMC will not hold as much as a Windows formatted SMC if you're using a lot of tiny files, though.

Also note that since I experienced the bug in 0.2, it may have been fixed in 0.3 (purposefully or accidentally) and thus my fix may do nothing whatsoever...

Last edited by a moderator:
thats good! Now speed is increased and most games run full speed on 166 mhz, frameskip 0/1 and sound off!!! Well done yoyofr!

has anyone got kirby3 to work? mine got blackscreen first and then gp32 reset.

and, did anyone notice when playing with sound and then turning it OFF, brings about 20% speedboost, but then resetting it brings about 40% speedboost? so i mean, resetting game when you just turned sound off brings much more speed than without reset.
right now im playing sword of mana 16bpp 156mhz fs2 without sound @ about 90% speed, damn its awesome ;)

hm cannot get Cannon fodder to run. Weird, it didn´t work the first time, worked the second time, now it doesn´t work at all (all test done on 0.3).

@Wolfsclaw:

same happens here. Not sure, did it run on 0.2?

Back