Os For The Pandora

scarath

I know this subject has been discussed a little but I was browsing around and found this.
It is the site for the people developing for the Sharp Zaurus, worth a look when considering an OS to adopt/mod/incorporate for the Pandora?
The Sharp Zaurus is ARM based too right? It can run debian arm (the site above has members from the openzaurus project involved) so what do people think? Potential or is there some reason it wouldn't work?

There is always GPE or maybe even Xynth. Personally I think Xynth would do great as you can run any program written with GTKv2 (including GIMP, which would be absolutely wonderful in my opinion)...

From [xynth-doc-whitepaper.pdf (page 5, towards the bottom)]:
"...Any program written with GTKv2 is ready to run on Xynth (Mozilla, Abiword, Xchat, Gqview, Gaim, Anjuta, etc.)"

What do you think? I think it would be good, and pretty as well.

;)

Luna_Lovegod said:
There is always GPE or maybe even Xynth. Personally I think Xynth would do great as you can run any program written with GTKv2 (including GIMP, which would be absolutely wonderful in my opinion)...

From [xynth-doc-whitepaper.pdf (page 5, towards the bottom)]:
"...Any program written with GTKv2 is ready to run on Xynth (Mozilla, Abiword, Xchat, Gqview, Gaim, Anjuta, etc.)"

What do you think? I think it would be good, and pretty as well.

;)

Thanks for the link to Xynth. Pretty interesting. I didnt know about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
randomhack said:
Thanks for the link to Xynth. Pretty interesting. I didnt know about it.
I found it while looking for a reasonable way to use linux on PSP. They have a port available just for that reason, I think there is even one for the GP2X. Yay!, GIMP on the PSP! I know, I'm a major Dork.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back