Original Gp2x

fade

Website
Visit site
Hullo all, I bought the GP2X Mk1 from gp2x.co.uk shortly after it became available. However i havent been keeping track of the changes in the scene for a while so im a bit out of the loop. Last time i checked there was a replacement joystick cap from DaveC an and another one just released by Craig. I think its about time i got my 2x up to speed now, so i'd like to replace the old cap. So in short, which one's best, where, an how much? I'm in Scotland. Ta :)

There is a sticky thread with plenty of info on that, IIRC

As for myself, I used the cap off a hammerhead FX that I had... it's hard to fit and you actually have to break the cap a little pushing it down (the "tube" part of the cap will split up but won't completely break), but it holds firm and works like a charm.

EDIT: I just checked the link above, it<s the cap that comes with the MKII and, IMHO, it sucks big time... my thumbkept slipping off of it... and even if it didn't, steering to the right almost always made my thumb leave prints in the screen, I would avoid it...

There is a new new version of the official cap, I know you can order it from there (yep, I'm canadian):
http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.ph...products_id=197

The MII cap is the best I think. It seemed to give the best control to me.

Back