Optical Zoom On Digital Cameras

Shadow of Chaos

Website
Visit site
anyone have any ideas when we'll see optical zooms in the range of 40+? i have a sony DCR TRV355E at the moment that has 20X optical zoom, that is very good.. i am pleased with it. Just wanted to know if there was going to be further enhancements anytime soon? or is this asking too much?

I've got a 255E. That's also 20x. I'm happy with that. What do you want to do. Government Spying or something? hehe.

BTW has your sony got the rather over the top 990x digital magnification? (Which I keep switched off I might add)

Maybe a pretty girl in the neighbourhood? :D

I don`t like digital zoom at all, the picture gets all blury and stuff (atleast with my cam, which isn`t the newest model).

Quiest posted on Jul 13 2005 at 11:24 AM said:
Maybe a pretty girl in the neighbourhood? :D

I don`t like digital zoom at all, the picture gets all blury and stuff (atleast with my cam, which isn`t the newest model).

if its got blur isnt it a digital zoom? as optical zoom doesnt zoom into the picture like digital cams which means that optical pictures in zoom have far superior quelity!

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now!

... If you go for an SLR-type with interchangable lenses.

Can you imagine that size of optics (to get a good quality, photographic image <_<) on a consumer camera?

Video cameras can have huge (40x) zooms because their images don't have to be perfect and the lenses can be less than perfect.
And digital zoom works better too when you're compressing a moving image

Oh right, as you can see in my post I`m talking about digital, I just thought I read that in the topic, and I didn`t look again after writing the post. So yeah, optical zoom is no blury at my camera :D

Back