Opinion: I Love My Gp32 Blu+, Still Worth Getting Gp2x

Chewieshmoo

Still Fresh
Just as described, sorry if this has been asked, yes I know all about search but I am already running late, if this has been answered please point me to it.

Anyway, LOVE my GP32 Blu+, emulation/Mp3 etc is great, movie playback lacking, yeah it's possible but lets face it, it's kind of a pain, I don't mind tinkering but spent a day trying to properly encode with poor results. But in your opinions is it still worth bothering with a GP2x
if I already and still enjoy my GP32 Blu+ ? Or would I be better off just adding a portable DVD player to my collection? THANKS. :)

Let me put it this way. If you love your BLU, stay away from the GP2X. It will steal your heart away. Your BLU will be hmmm...... :blink: blue sitting on the shelf crying from a lack of attention. I love my blue too, but I have not picked it up much since I got my GP2X back at the first of July. I am into my GP2X everyday. It has become my whole world of gaming. :)

Yeah, what he said.

As a movie player it's way, way in advance of the GP32. If it weren't for the relatively small screen it would give some (much more expensive) dedicated players a run for their money.

Emulation and games is a less clear cut result, but I think now the GP2X has enough going for it over its (kinda) predecessor to warrant the price tag. Well, maybe I'm bias because I love Neo Geo so much :p

ditto, my GP32 has sat there in my drawer since I got my 2x, with the exception of finally getting Blue Angelo that I bought for $5.00 :)

The video capabilities of the 2x are light years beyond the gp32. I can play most avi files I download off the net without re-encoding, what's better than that? :)

Get a GP2X if you don't mind the headphone jack being on the top of the unit.

JaqMs posted on Sep 1 2006 at 12:33 AM said:
:rolleyes: i must say you're begining to impress me. you've even gotten to the point as to recommend a gp2x now from all of the flaming you did at first. i like this new side of you =]

Last edited by a moderator:
xinfernoofdantex posted on Aug 31 2006 at 08:35 PM said:
JaqMs posted on Sep 1 2006 at 12:33 AM said:
:rolleyes: i must say you're begining to impress me. you've even gotten to the point as to recommend a gp2x now from all of the flaming you did at first. i like this new side of you =]
Yea me and Jaq traded souls yesterday. Anywho don't get a GP2X, no homebrew, no nothing. :rolleyes:

- Alex

Well. . . I must confess, I still use my GP32 more than my GP2X for games.

My favourite emulator is the Amstrad CPC, you see, and Pituka is currently still superior to CapriceGP2X. I'm rather fond of a few other games for the GP32 that just haven't made it across to the GP2X yet.

On the other hand, I rather like Supertux & movies and it's nice to know that one SD card can hold more MAME games than I'm ever likely to get around to playing.

So I'd say: Yes, the GP2X is worth buying even if you've got a GP32. But don't expect it to retire your GP32 completely, because there's still some things that the GP2X just isn't as good at yet.

oneandoneis2 posted on Sep 1 2006 at 06:04 AM said:
don't expect it to retire your GP32 completely, because there's still some things that the GP2X just isn't as good at yet.
Agreed, namely Another World, GPWar, Bolcataxian, Bolcatoid, Vertical, GPDoom, and fGB32 :)

- Alex

Back