OpenPandora Special Retro painted Case have finaly arrived

ingoreis

Hardcore Member
Staff member
Hi..it taked looong Time and it have finaly arrived.

After all other 3 failed Projects:
-failed Community Aluminium Case
-failed second Aluminium Case specialy for me from an Circuit Board Portal User
-failed self 3D Printed golden Pandora Case (unlucky to bad for use)

I proudly present here the Openpandora Special Retro painted Case

The Case will be assembled with a 1 GHZ Pandora soon.
But for now..Pictures say more than thousand Words :)
RetroPandora11.jpg

RetroPandora22.jpg

RetroPandora33.jpg

Wow. Some questions:
-Who did it
-which kind of technique for the paint? (is it durable, even when moving inside a pocket?)
-how resistant is it against scratched, abrasion ?
(I ask because I have similar problem to solve: I need some plastic (ABS) boxes designed to fake a wooden look for carry them to medieval events)

If anyone can test a painted surface scratches, I trust ingoreis to do the job. Have you seen the one he carries in his cargo pants?
Nope.
@ingoreis If you are skilled with that I might need some advice for something to the above mentioined issue

Hi.
I cannot say anything about painting itself.
The only Information what i can realy say that its painted with wodden Toothsticks.
It is made from an older skilled Console Painter named Ernie76.
He made many Amiga in Retro Look and this Time it was his last painting because he have a Problem with his Hands and Finemotoric.
Then i got the last Work from him.
He is very Kind and i am very happy to get this Special Pandora Case from him.
About Durability i cannot say much but it feels good.
The Pill is realy from Dr Mario and you know Link from Zelda?
He is the Guy in Green. :)
Assembling is next Week because i have more Silent then here at Home.
Thx for all the Messages.
I am realy happy to got this Masterpiece :D

Oh, deviantart...I am going to check out his stuff, and I will probably lose hours looking at stuff related to things I like.

And stop bumping this thread until there are new pictures. :p

If anyone can test a painted surface scratches, I trust ingoreis to do the job. Have you seen the one he carries in his cargo pants?
@ingoreis : I was refereing to that statement of levi, which assumes you have nice connection to somebody who really does very scratch resitant painting on plastic. If he isn't into it anymore, it would be nice to have shared the information about the method used. (To acchive such a durable Painting)

this is supercuuuute!!!
and all the best to the creators health, may his steady hands come back!

@mclien

I wasn't intending to make such an assertion, and if you got that impression, I apologise. It was a kind of joke about a photo that he put up featuring a Pandora with plenty of paint missing from it - i.e he's a good test case if you want to check how scratch resistant something is ;)

Finally! Looks good. Now you need to make a video showing you playing those games with it.

Back