Openhalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldbott

Still Fresh
Since microsoft has recently released halo as open source (http://code.google.com/p/openhalo/) does anyone see a possibility of porting it? I'm sorry if this is in the wrong category but I wasn't sure where to put it. Edit - can a mod delete this please - someone was playing a joke on me

goldbott said:
someone was playing a joke on me
Clearly.
And you didn't do the research to prevent it, either.
Even if they did release the source code, Halo uses DirectX, not OpenGL.

Last edited by a moderator:
greendots said:
I was hoping to see a decent quake 3 mod here :/

A long time ago, I played an okay BF1942 mod called Homefront.

By the way, Microsoft did release the source code to MechCommander 2, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
http://code.google.com/p/openhalo/
Microsoft thinks its high time some quality open source games are released noting a significant hole in the Linux Gaming market. "We see it as a great opportunity to introduce Linux users to Microsoft products."

Right...

*SIGH*
That does bring up the idea, though, why don't we do our own sci-fi FPS with a great storyline, cutting edge graphics, brilliant gameplay, etc.?
I think we need one.
It's a real pity I haven't learned C++.
EDIT: You know what? Tonight I'm going to get working on some stuff for Pandjoust, and when I finish, I'll try and get serious with Blender. It's about time.

I still have my Halo clone in 96k I made for Breakpoint last year - I might release it this year. It plays almost exactly like Halo 1 with snipers and rocket launchers only on the map with 2 ships in space (almost mirrored). The players are humanoids (not working good yet) and are made out of fluids (look a bit like silver surfer). I will probably open source it.
I was aiming for Halo network compatibility once but dropped that idea. Its still multiplayer only, but anyone who comes up with a cool story and / or new artwork can be sure that I would be up to actually work on a full game with story etc.

Breakpoint,... is that where we got .Kkrieger? I love that one!

Jay, release that puppy! It sounds really cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back