Openglad And Glport

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Someone asked about this openglad game, actually seems fun from the little I played it. Anyway the first cut i ported is here:

pickle.gp2x.de/openglad-wiz.zip

Also put up libglport (the new wizGLES from GPH) for any dev's

pickle.gp2x.de/libglport.zip

Pickle you are awesome. Thank you so very much this game was one of the reasons I bought the wiz because I had read somewhere that it was going to be backward compatible with the gp2x.
Anyways I'm rambling thank you pickle from the bottom of my heart you rock.

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

reaperman said:
Pickle you are awesome. Thank you so very much this game was one of the reasons I bought the wiz because I had read somewhere that it was going to be backward compatible with the gp2x.

So theres already a gp2x port of this game?
Since your familiar with the game (or if anyone else is) give your opinion on the button mapping. Things i know of so far:
1. Touchscreen is off (hmm maybe i need to calibrate, my wiz has been completely dead not too long ago) Is correct for anyone else? (might also add ability to use dpad to move the cursor and buttons to do mouse clicks)
2. Insert to shoot, didnt seem to work, or at least didnt seem to do what i thought it should. The specials are working.
3. Any other controls? I basically worked off the readme. Ill post all the mappings i have at the moment

Also I plan to do a compile of this for pandora, might need to remap some buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just downloaded it, I'll give it a try in the next few days.

pickle, you are great.

Pickle said:
Thanks for the positive comments guys.

reaperman said:

So theres already a gp2x port of this game?
Since your familiar with the game (or if anyone else is) give your opinion on the button mapping. Things i know of so far:
1. Touchscreen is off (hmm maybe i need to calibrate, my wiz has been completely dead not too long ago) Is correct for anyone else? (might also add ability to use dpad to move the cursor and buttons to do mouse clicks)
2. Insert to shoot, didnt seem to work, or at least didnt seem to do what i thought it should. The specials are working.
3. Any other controls? I basically worked off the readme. Ill post all the mappings i have at the moment

Also I plan to do a compile of this for pandora, might need to remap some buttons.

Pickle thank you again and the main buttons to include would be is:fire,special,switch,shifter(which allows the use of the alternate special),direction keys of course,the yell key is very important,there exists cheats for this game but they are not important to be included because you could get the computer use the money cheat and tranfer a save file,the touch screen seems to be right on for me,if you include the k button and the * key then you can customize button placement in game shooting isn't working but everything else seems to work i can't test the shifter key without the shoot button because this game is hard,hard as a priest at a playground and i can't get far enough to get a alt special move right now when i do i'll let you know about that.

updated the zip, controls should all be good now

case GP2X_BUTTON_SELECT:
fakeevent1.key.keysym.sym = SDLK_RETURN;
fakeevent1.key.keysym.sym = SDLK_KP_MULTIPLY;
break;
case GP2X_BUTTON_START:
fakeevent1.key.keysym.sym = SDLK_ESCAPE;
break;
case GP2X_BUTTON_A:
fakeevent1.key.keysym.sym = SDLK_KP0;
break;
case GP2X_BUTTON_B:
fakeevent1.key.keysym.sym = SDLK_KP_PERIOD;
break;
case GP2X_BUTTON_X:
fakeevent1.key.keysym.sym = SDLK_KP5;
fakeevent2.key.keysym.sym = SDLK_n;
break;
case GP2X_BUTTON_Y:
fakeevent1.key.keysym.sym = SDLK_KP_ENTER;
fakeevent2.key.keysym.sym = SDLK_y;
break;
case GP2X_BUTTON_L:
fakeevent1.key.keysym.sym = SDLK_KP_MINUS;
break;
case GP2X_BUTTON_R:
fakeevent1.key.keysym.sym = SDLK_KP_PLUS;
break;

I've tried libglport, but it doesn't seem to be better than wizGLES. There's no performance increase and also sometimes triangles jump over the screen (hard to describe).
Thanks anyway for uploading it Pickle :)

Jan-Nik said:
I've tried libglport, but it doesn't seem to be better than wizGLES. There's no performance increase and also sometimes triangles jump over the screen (hard to describe).
Thanks anyway for uploading it Pickle :)

There shouldnt be a performance increase with glport, the performance increase was in the es_lite lib itself. Its just an interface lib, glquake is using it and seems to work ok.

torpor said:
Can you share a Makefile/libs package for some of us to follow in your footsteps?

i think you refering to glport? I intended to but theres currently an issue with the latest svn SDL 1.3 that has prevented me from doing so.

Heres basically the problem, the latest svn added atomic operation support and expects that gcc provides this functions. Well it appears openwiz gcc is missing some.
I could use any help on how to fix these

Code:
libSDL13.so: undefined reference to `__sync_lock_test_and_set_4'
libSDL13.so: undefined reference to `__sync_fetch_and_sub_4'
libSDL13.so: undefined reference to `__sync_sub_and_fetch_4'
libSDL13.so: undefined reference to `__sync_fetch_and_add_4'
libSDL13.so: undefined reference to `__sync_add_and_fetch_4'

Pickle said:
Heres basically the problem, the latest svn added atomic operation support and expects that gcc provides this functions. Well it appears openwiz gcc is missing some.

Code:

i was googling yesterday 'bout that and found your post about it on the sdl mailing list. what i'd have suggested is to look for the functions in gcc source and add them to sdl, but that might be a bad idea ... anyway it's a gcc bug right ...

crow_riot said:
Pickle said:

Code:

i was googling yesterday 'bout that and found your post about it on the sdl mailing list. what i'd have suggested is to look for the functions in gcc source and add them to sdl, but that might be a bad idea ... anyway it's a gcc bug right ...

I think there a couple of options
Try and build a toolchain for the newer gcc
Hack out this atomic stuff (dont need anyway)
Or your idea and create the functions manually

maybe the gcc description helps ...

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.2/gcc/Atomic-Builtins.html

if those functions are not needed anyway, it might be the fastest way to write the function skeletons by hand ...

Code:
#define type int
type __sync_lock_test_and_set_4(type *ptr, type value, ...) { return 0; }
type __sync_fetch_and_sub_4(type* ptr, type value, ...) { return 0; }
type __sync_sub_and_fetch_4(type* ptr, type value, ...) { return 0; }
type __sync_fetch_and_add_4(type* ptr, type value, ...) { return 0; }
type __sync_add_and_fetch_4(type* ptr, type value, ...) { return 0; }
#undef type

Back