GP2X Open2X Toolchain Is Now Compatible With Apple's Os X 10.5

SamuraiX

Still Fresh
I have submitted my patches to open2x's sourceforge site. Everyone can view it here: Link
Now as far as compiling is concerned here are the requirements (From the top of my head):

FInk
  • libtool14
  • sed
  • gawk
  • gmp
  • mpfr
Prior to running the open2x-gp2x-apps.sh script you will need to export the following variables:

Code:
export C_INLCUDE_PATH="/sw/include"
export CPLUS_INLCUDE_PATH="/sw/include"
export LIBRARY_PATH="/sw/lib"

As far as patching is concerned... Either wait for the open2x maintainers to commit the patches or you can apply them yourself by performing the following:

Code:
cp binutils-2.16.1-apple.patch ~/open2xtoolchain/patches/binutils-2.16.1/

cp glibc-2.3.6-configure-apple-version-as-ld.patch ~/open2xtoolchain/patches/glibc-2.3.6/

~/open2xtoolchain/patch -g0 --fuzz=1 -p1 -f getandpatch-apple.patch

And there you have it.... You are now ready to compile your very own open2xtoolchain on a Mac! Just execute ./open2x-gp2x-apps.sh and watch the magic happen..... :p

Thanks for the patch!

I see you posted this more than 1 year ago, but it would seem the open2x toolchains never got updated... for a very long time :-(.

Are you still using the open2x toolchains and I guess you use it via makefile and terminal noway to get Xcode involve somehow?

Intruder said:
Thanks for the patch!

I see you posted this more than 1 year ago, but it would seem the open2x toolchains never got updated... for a very long time :-(.

Are you still using the open2x toolchains and I guess you use it via makefile and terminal noway to get Xcode involve somehow?

Your correct that the Open2X build scripts have not been updated in some time but I do build them now and again to check they still build (and when I make up a new PC etc.).

As for Makefiles/X-Code etc., there is nothing special about using the Open2X tool chains, just use then like you would any other external tool chain. There are a lot of guides about on how to do this (I don't do it myself so can't really help).

John

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get quite how to use this - where does the directory referred to as "~/open2xtoolchain/patches" come from? Do you mean this:

http://open2x.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/open2x/trunk/toolchain/

If so, how are we supposed to check this out .. I keep getting "repo has temporarily moved, please update path" style messages ..

Well, I got this far:

Code:
arm-open2x-linux-ar  rc ./libgcc.a libgcc/./_udivsi3.o libgcc/./_divsi3.o libgcc/./_umodsi3.o libgcc/./_modsi3.o libgcc/./_dvmd_lnx.o libgcc/./_negdf2.o libgcc/./_addsubdf3.o libgcc/./_muldivdf3.o libgcc/./_cmpdf2.o libgcc/./_unorddf2.o libgcc/./_fixdfsi.o libgcc/./_fixunsdfsi.o libgcc/./_truncdfsf2.o libgcc/./_negsf2.o libgcc/./_addsubsf3.o libgcc/./_muldivsf3.o libgcc/./_cmpsf2.o libgcc/./_unordsf2.o libgcc/./_fixsfsi.o libgcc/./_fixunssfsi.o libgcc/./_floatdidf.o libgcc/./_floatdisf.o libgcc/./_bb_init_func.o libgcc/./_call_via_rX.o libgcc/./_interwork_call_via_rX.o libgcc/./_lshrdi3.o libgcc/./_ashrdi3.o libgcc/./_ashldi3.o libgcc/./_muldi3.o libgcc/./_negdi2.o libgcc/./_cmpdi2.o libgcc/./_ucmpdi2.o libgcc/./_fixunsdfdi.o libgcc/./_fixdfdi.o libgcc/./_fixunssfdi.o libgcc/./_fixsfdi.o libgcc/./_fixxfdi.o libgcc/./_fixunsxfdi.o libgcc/./_floatdixf.o libgcc/./_fixunsxfsi.o libgcc/./_fixtfdi.o libgcc/./_fixunstfdi.o libgcc/./_floatditf.o libgcc/./_clear_cache.o libgcc/./_enable_execute_stack.o libgcc/./_trampoline.o libgcc/./__main.o libgcc/./_absvsi2.o libgcc/./_absvdi2.o libgcc/./_addvsi3.o libgcc/./_addvdi3.o libgcc/./_subvsi3.o libgcc/./_subvdi3.o libgcc/./_mulvsi3.o libgcc/./_mulvdi3.o libgcc/./_negvsi2.o libgcc/./_negvdi2.o libgcc/./_ctors.o libgcc/./_ffssi2.o libgcc/./_ffsdi2.o libgcc/./_clz.o libgcc/./_clzsi2.o libgcc/./_clzdi2.o libgcc/./_ctzsi2.o libgcc/./_ctzdi2.o libgcc/./_popcount_tab.o libgcc/./_popcountsi2.o libgcc/./_popcountdi2.o libgcc/./_paritysi2.o libgcc/./_paritydi2.o libgcc/./_powisf2.o libgcc/./_powidf2.o libgcc/./_powixf2.o libgcc/./_powitf2.o libgcc/./_mulsc3.o libgcc/./_muldc3.o libgcc/./_mulxc3.o libgcc/./_multc3.o libgcc/./_divsc3.o libgcc/./_divdc3.o libgcc/./_divxc3.o libgcc/./_divtc3.o libgcc/./_eprintf.o libgcc/./__gcc_bcmp.o libgcc/./_divdi3.o libgcc/./_moddi3.o libgcc/./_udivdi3.o libgcc/./_umoddi3.o libgcc/./_udiv_w_sdiv.o libgcc/./_udivmoddi4.o libgcc/./unwind-dw2.o libgcc/./unwind-dw2-fde-glibc.o libgcc/./unwind-sjlj.o libgcc/./gthr-gnat.o libgcc/./unwind-c.o
make[2]: *** [libgcc.a] Abort trap
make[2]: *** Deleting file `libgcc.a'
make[1]: *** [libgcc.a] Error 2
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
Done - Please check the logs to see if your build was a sucess.

In my experience, this means that -ar isn't in the path or some such silly nonsens. So then I tried to:

Code:
prepend_path PATH /opt/open2x/gcc-4.1.1-glibc-2.3.6/arm-open2x-linux/bin/

..but no success.

Anyone know whats up? I'd love to sort this out and use my Mac for open2x ..

Back