Oops I Said 3 Volt Not 6

T-2000

Still Fresh
Why oh why did i let my son borrow my GP2X, he just been on his tv game using an adapter, which is the multi kind, so he decided to use it on my handheld, but he never switched it down to 3 volt, it was on 6 now all i get is a slight buzz, and no booting up..any ideas on wht i can do with him, or more importantly do with the gp2x, any one know what could have blown ??? any help would be most welcome..

hmm... i guess everything has blown... that really blows :D
Sorry. This seems like you need to get an entirely new unit. I wouldn't do anything to your son if I was you. He couldn't have known that you can't do that to a handheld. Maybe explain why voltage is important and how to figure out what voltage is required by different systems.

shame ARGOS dont sell them, they do a good swopping service.. haha. :blink:

thx all for the help, i have a new unit coming tomorrow hopefully, so my broken one is going to an electronics firm for a estimate, if its worth it ill get it repaired, they still selling very well at the moment..

Administer a "Rowan Atkinson" Fatal beating

then see if the voltage regulator chip is available from one of the electrical suppliers like RF, Maplin or Craig?

Simbowen posted on Jul 10 2006 at 04:36 PM said:
Whilst looking for which adaptor I needed to buy earlier today, I came across this wiki; Check out the "caution/first aid" bit at the bottom.
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/External_power_supply
Maybe that's what has blown?
Good luck!

Yep, it's most probably the Linear Tech LTSK that's broken.

Vimacs posted on Jul 10 2006 at 06:28 PM said:
your best chance is probably sending it to ed.

Just fixed another gp2x today with that problem, still got 15 LTSKs left ;)

Last edited:
Back