Ooops

CyberAxe

i edited out "mknod /dev/GPIO c 253 0" from the profile as a test and didn't realise that was the initialisation for the controls since it never had a description and now my gp2x is without controls

is there anyway to get the gp2x to update the file on boot from the sd?

i tried reflashing the firmware but it didnt fix the profile

There was a gp2xfile.img in the 1.0.1 firmware I think. Remember to use a PSU, as flashing a filesystem drains batteries like <insert something that drains batteries very very quickly>.

You could also try putting it back using theoddbot's firmware and USB Serial (it sets itself up at boot). You can press Ctrl-C to get into a bash prompt, it's brilliant :)

thanks, though theoddbots firmware dont work on my gp2x

and checked 1.0.1 doesnt have gp2xfile.img though still looking through the other firmwares but no luck so far

i reflashed the file and kernal but it stalls on the loading screen like it was doing when i tried the cramfs kernel could have trying out the cram fs before have completly frelled my gp2x?

the green loading screen ive also reflashed the boot aswell now and its still stalling on the loading screen

CyberAxe posted on Feb 25 2006 at 02:27 PM said:
the green loading screen ive also reflashed the boot aswell now and its still stalling on the loading screen
Dont flash the Bootloader! You could of well fucked it up. if the bootloader was broken you would get a blank screen. the green screen still means your file systems fucked but the kernals ok. just reflash the filesytem from the unbricking guide.

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher posted on Feb 25 2006 at 02:56 PM said:
CyberAxe posted on Feb 25 2006 at 02:27 PM said:
Dont flash the Bootloader! You could of well fucked it up. if the bootloader was broken you would get a blank screen. the green screen still means your file systems fucked but the kernals ok. just reflash the filesytem from the unbricking guide.

i did flash the filesystem thats when it started stalling on the loading screen ive done it several times

the only thing i can thing thats wrong is that i had run cramfs on my nand before all this happend

"rm -r /"

Heh.

Nope, though re-writing the fs should have fixed it. Rewrite the FS again, then flash the 1.0.1 kernel.

nickspoon posted on Feb 25 2006 at 07:50 PM said:
"rm -r /"

Heh.

Nope, though re-writing the fs should have fixed it. Rewrite the FS again, then flash the 1.0.1 kernel.

tried flashing the 1.0.1 kernel same result and the "rm -r /" even though i'd never use that command is not very usefull since i cant get into the command interface

looks like i shall need a serial cable if i am to fix it does anyone know where i can buy one i used to have a link to a site that sold them but cant find it

i tried gbax and gp2xshop.com but they dont have them

What should I expect to see once the original fs has been reflashed? Will it just stop or will the GP2X reboot and start the process all over again?

AFAIK the gp2xfile.img does not get automatically deleted once has been used. Please correct me if I am wrong.

lucoxade posted on Feb 26 2006 at 04:14 PM said:
What should I expect to see once the original fs has been reflashed? Will it just stop or will the GP2X reboot and start the process all over again?

AFAIK the gp2xfile.img does not get automatically deleted once has been used. Please correct me if I am wrong.

correct it does not get deleted and after firmware update logo appaers on screen it goes to the green loading screen when finished

Hmm I'm not having any luck whatsoever :( x2

Iv'e been trying to reflash the the fs for the last few days with no joy at all. I have tried three diferent SD cards but each time it never completes. I have left each one running for at least 3hrs on the 'Firmware Upgrading' screen but it just does not change!

I'm using the gp2xfile.img file featured in DJWillis guide, is there another version a should be trying?

I have also tried flashing the kernel but that does the same, just hangs on 'Upgrading Firmware'

I'm guessing the next thing to try might be the gp2xboot.img but I'm worried I'll make things worse.

I need help

Back