Ooooh, Gunstar Super Heroes.

It's out?! Hot Damn!

*leaves a could of dust in the shape of his body*

*comes back*

Darn, the japanese version I was hoping it was out HERE.

However... it IS pretty damn hot, a much better sequel than Guardian Heroes Advanced. Even with a new Blue and Red hero it's very much still GH but the old bosses have learned new tricks but there are also new bosses and it's has a bit more narrative between stages, there are also the new added ministages that help break up the gameplay.

I'm assuming story (still in japanese) involves someone clonning the old badguys to take on the new generation of 'heroes (who no longer are separated by the ability to run or stand still while shooting, they both run and fire but I also think there's a control scheme that allows you to use the old fixed stance as well, I haven't played it long enough to tell). The real difference in the two characters are their personalies between in the between stage story scenes and that they have differnt weapon preferances. All your weapons are availible at the begining (each have 3 weapons all with their own health meter that you charge) but in a different order. They also engage in a bit less hand to hand combat, you can still do jump and slide kicks but the enemies nolonger grab you from behind and you cant throw them anymore but You can either shoot them at a distance or slash them with a blade.

Over all it feels like a smaller, present day remake of Guardian Heroes which isnt a bad thing at all.

Back