One Questioin

i think it's too complicated/fiddly.

i use GPFM, though I am interested in trying PacROM but haven't the courage to burn it to firmware yet!

It's okay, but doesn't have many useful featuress apart from browsing files and being able to launch most fxe.

I think there may be a text file viewer, and there's an address book thing you can download for it.

What would be really useful is if you could view picture files such as .jpg or .gif etc.
and maybe play mp3/mod/mid files, or even divx as it is a nice environment for doing such things ... more so than free launcher anyhow.

i saw a PDA running linux, that was pretty sweet ... especially the back light! but not really interested in running business apps

hmmm. on a semi-related question how do you flash the firmware? oh and should I wait until i get moviepark

I like Windups in combination with Mr. Spivs Multi-firmware (so you boot directly to windups rather than running it as another app). Once you get a bunch of programs on your GP32 it is (to me anyway) annoying to go to games and arrow through a large selection. I enjoy being able to just click an icon for my emulators. My suggestion would be trying windups as an app first as flashing your firmware does involve some risks (do it with full batteries!).

I don't have time at the moment to go through firmware flashing, but search the forums/websites and you'll find the info.

Back