Old Mattel Handheld Games

thumpgun

Zombie club life member
Website
Visit site
LEDhead is an emulator for Mattel handheld games,its for a pda , heres the link to the ledhead emu page

http://www.peterhirschberg.com/handheld/ledhead/

but i was wondering is there a version of this for the gp2x a...there was a load of different games made by mattel all based around sports and used led to represent the players for example in football. i rember these used to be the must have handheld device which every kid in my neighbourhood wanted for Christmas. ... :blink: sorry about the wrong link, no super for me....

Page loaded for me just fine.

That looks like an interesting emulator. :) I had most of those along with the tabletop arcades.

Classic Gamer posted on Dec 6 2006 at 07:40 PM said:

That looks like an interesting emulator. :) I had most of those along with the tabletop arcades.

That's because he edited his post, removing the (possibly illegal) mp3 download page :p

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Dec 6 2006 at 07:57 PM said:
Classic Gamer posted on Dec 6 2006 at 07:40 PM said:

That's because he edited his post, removing the (possibly illegal) mp3 download page :p

Bah I never get to have any fun... I'm always the last one to the party. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this for my Sony Clie and would LOVE to have it on the GP2X... I still have my original Mattel Football handheld kicking around somewhere. Oh the memories... try telling "kids today" that watching a dash run past other dashes four times across the same screen and ENJOYING IT was how we killed time back in the day and they'd think you were crazy but man, this was some fun stuff. Of course then came the 2600 and we moved on...

Yeah - I effing lived for those puppies in 2nd - 4th grade!

Nothing dates you more than love for those games. expect maybe buying the 12" LP for Meco's star wars disco song.

hate to be pedantic but as i know it you cant really 'emulate' these sorts of things, only simulate. not unless your computer has a convenient array of leds already shaped like the characters in the game :D

Back