Old Gaming Magazines

satanic virus

Website
Visit site
I like to read old gaming magazines (so rock'n'roll eh?!). I had hunreds over the years and gave them a while back without thinking.

I'm more interested in Amiga magazines (Amiga Format, CU Amiga, The One etc), but anything is considered.

If you have any old mags lying around the place that you no loger want please let me know. I'd happily paypal the postage for these (unless you have too many and it would cost a fortune!). Anyone in Ireland with collections, I'd be happy to collect.

I have seen a few torrents with mag collections, but none for Amiga, Dreamcast, PS1, Magadrive etc. You can look at some page scans and html reviews over the net, but i like the old worn musty abused paper effect!

I have lots and lots. Not sure where they al are now. I think they are in a cupboard somewhere and some in the attic. I might have a look through some coz i rememebr a couple of years ago selling the 1st issue of n64 mag for about £10 on ebay :p

I have many ST mags (too many to dend to any one - ie about 3 foot high pile) and also old 'Computer & Video Games' (although I only kept the arcade pages from them - funny to read about the descriptions of 'new' games like Wizard of Wor, Amidar, etc etc..
I keep meaning to scan these some time (I'll chuck them up online somewhere when I do).

kevcal said:
I have many ST mags (too many to dend to any one - ie about 3 foot high pile) and also old 'Computer & Video Games' (although I only kept the arcade pages from them - funny to read about the descriptions of 'new' games like Wizard of Wor, Amidar, etc etc..
I keep meaning to scan these some time (I'll chuck them up online somewhere when I do).
C+VGs are all scanned in up to issue #130-something IIRC. Check for torrents...

Last edited by a moderator:
kevcal said:
I am very jealous :) I used to have a huge pile of Amiga mags like Amiga Format, The One & CU Amiga but I gave them all away years ago :( I downloaded a torrent of the first 100 issues of C&VG. I bring a few in on USB stick every few weeks to work and print them off with works laser printer - they must be wondering why we are using toner cartridges so quickly! :D If you do get any scans online please let me know.

For some reason the only mags I ever kept were Official XBOX mags, probably because I had my own house when the xbox came out, and beforehand I did not have enough room in my parents house to keep all my mags!

Retro review sites are great, but i prefer to read the actual reviews that were written when the games originally came out.

I have tons of magazines up in a closet.

Amiga eh?

Well, I have the very first Amiga magazine ever - Amiga World Issue #1. :)

amigaworldv1n1.jpg

Prophet said:
I have tons of magazines up in a closet.

Amiga eh?

Well, I have the very first Amiga magazine ever - Amiga World Issue #1. :)

amigaworldv1n1.jpg
:eek: Ripping out a kidney to swap for that right now!!

Back