Old Dosshell&win Games

bourbon posted on Aug 20 2004 at 02:31 AM said:
Can most of the old dosshell/win game be ported if u have the sorce.

Bourbon
Depends on the game. Many could be. Why, do you have some source lying around?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope i dont have any sorces prbly did on my old gate way has win 3.1 on it but it went crazy :unsure: and all the files ont the main hd got wiped-out :(. But i just thought thats how it was because all the old game for dosshell we being ported: doom, doom2, wolf3d, heretic(wich i wish some one would start up and finish) ect. So if that is the case i was thinking i could crunch the key board an google till i found some of the good old games (that i played when i was like 5 am now 15 ;) ) sorce codes and ask if any one would port them. B)

Bourbon

Well, put it in the wishes forum... just a suggestion. If you look around there's alot of source for games (maybe not ALL the old games source was released.. I wish apogee had released alot more of their source for sure ;) ) but give it a search if you want and tell us your findings... personally I wish I knew ASM good enough to try and port Shogo (even if it ran at 1fps it would be cool to dice people into little chunks)

I dint know that it has been ported :unsure: sry gess ill be looking for red barons source but i dont think i will be able to finde it :angry: .

BTW, Why would you have DOS game source code on your old computer?

Because my brother had down loaded lots of dos games and other files and he altered them so i think he had some sources but idk for sure and cant check now :unsure:.

Has there been any sim city type games made. If not ill be looking for sim city clones :)

Bourbon

bourbon posted on Aug 20 2004 at 07:19 PM said:
I dint know that it has been ported :unsure: sry gess ill be looking for red barons source but i dont think i will be able to finde it :angry: .

BTW, Why would you have DOS game source code on your old computer?

Because my brother had down loaded lots of dos games and other files and he altered them so i think he had some sources but idk for sure and cant check now :unsure:.

Has there been any sim city type games made. If not ill be looking for sim city clones :)

Bourbon
Made, no. Emulated, yes. You can play Simcity on the SNES

Last edited by a moderator:
Back