Official Pocketsnes, Gpfce... Request Thread

Which emulator should be done first ? (port to cannoo)

• Pocketsnes ( snes emulator)

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Gpfce ( nes emulator )

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Gngeo ( neo geo emulator)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • gbsp ( Gameboy Advance)

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Pc-engine Turbo graphic 16

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • SMS\GG ( any gamegear and sms emulator)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Others

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • FBA: Final Burn Alpha

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

renejr902

Website
Visit site
I would like to see port of these emulators for the Caanoo in this order

1. Gpfce or Pocketsnes. cant decide which one i want first. still i voted for pocketsnes
2. Gbsp
3. Gngeo ( but a lot of neo geo games already work with MAME: metal slug 1+2, shock trooper, top hunter, kof...)
4. SMS\GG
5. any others emulators

But any of these emulator are welcome.

i really know that port a emulator need A LOT OF TIME, so we have to be patient. But with this topic we can see which emulators are more popular.

note: new firmware is just released. Now overcloking is possible.

renejr902 said:
yeah, i offer the sms/gg choice, because i mostly playing Gamegear games and gamegear dont work with current picodrive version

i'm working on a sms_sdl port (which is sms / gg)... I was initially going to port the one i did for the dingoo but stumbled accross to many problems well one that spoiled it all a crash on exit that i couldn't find the cause off, so i just restarted with new sources and will be redoing things from start. It already plays without a problem since i have the controls modified, but still have to redo many things that the dingoo version had like the menu. Rom browser is not necessary anymore, since i asked pickle if i could use picklelauncher for it and it was ok :) sms_sdl basically plays fine with just a recompile but i'm not going to release it like that, wanna do some other (not emulation specific) enhancements to it first. It's just time that i lack atm

Last edited by a moderator:
joyrider said:
renejr902 said:
yeah, i offer the sms/gg choice, because i mostly playing Gamegear games and gamegear dont work with current picodrive version

i'm working on a sms_sdl port (which is sms / gg)... I was initially going to port the one i did for the dingoo but stumbled accross to many problems well one that spoiled it all a crash on exit that i couldn't find the cause off, so i just restarted with new sources and will be redoing things from start. It already plays without a problem since i have the controls modified, but still have to redo many things that the dingoo version had like the menu. Rom browser is not necessary anymore, since i asked pickle if i could use picklelauncher for it and it was ok :) sms_sdl basically plays fine with just a recompile but i'm not going to release it like that, wanna do some other (not emulation specific) enhancements to it first. It's just time that i lack atm

i would like to play with your gg/sms emulator even if it crash at exit, no problem for me !! :) ... if you want to release it.
i really like your gg/sms emulator for Dingoo

my personal order of request for emulator ports

-snes (done)
-gba (done)
-psx
-sms (done)
-nes (done)
-gb/gbc (done)
-?
-profit

EDIT: update for gba
and disclaimer... this is just first port request, I know a lot of the list needs a good amount of love before it can be "checked off"

hey all

id really love to see an amiga and atari st emulator as they have some of my favorite games of all time on them.

paul3100

I would love to see PocketSNES make it's Caanoo debut, but that's all up to the devs in the end.
I hope they do it, it would be just dandy.

jb0yx said:
my personal order of request for emulator ports

-snes (done)
-gba
-psx
-sms (done)
-nes (done)
-gb/gbc (done)
-?
-profit

-nes (done) too slow to be playable,we need gpfce
-snes (done) not very fast too. pocketsnes will be better.
-gb gbc (done) need a fullscreen option. fullscale.

the biggest problem is the current NES emu is that it's amost impossible to use diagonal directions :(

Gpsp is the big one for me, I have about 25 GBA games and one of my main reasons for getting the Caanoo was not having to carry all those cartridges around with me.

It would be nice if MAME4all could be optimised a bit too; most of the games I've tried have either run badly or not at all. Weirdly, Dodonpachi is pretty much perfect but some older, far less flashy games like Raiden and Pang are slow, and even friggin' Space Invaders doesn't display properly (colours are inverted). But I know that "MAME" covers a lot of different hardware so you can't really expect it to be perfect out of the box. Patience I guess...

Snes9x4C needs a bit of work too but now I'm just getting greedy.

1. The NES emulater (forgot the acronym, but that's what I voted for)
2. DOSBox!!!!!!!!!! I'm into ms-dos gaming.
3. Bochs (I'd love to see how well Darn small linux runs on the Caanoo)
3. Mame4all (Not a "new" port, but the current version needs work)
4. Psx4all

I'd love to see GPFCE ported, but I have a request on in the survey.

A Gameboy emulator called heig-boy was just ported for the Dingoo A320 and it would be awesome to see a Caanoo port. Source can be found at the following link.

http://brunni.dev-fr.org/dl/pc/Heig-Boy.7z

Mostly, get the PSX one working - if we could have that working well, that would be great.

Back