GP2X Offer To Devs

Flexinoodle

OK
We will be getting a couple of GP2Xs after christmas
We don't really have much coding experience
What we do have is our own label for HipHop and all types of Dance music
We also have a vast experience in 2D and 3D GFX Photoshop and Lightwave in particular
I'm here to offer help to anybody who needs anything in either soundtracks soundfx 3D animations artwork and so on
We can also take care of web design to no problem

When it comes to payment just forget about it, This is swings and roundabouts here, We have some ideas for a few games and would much rather work on some kind of swap ideal, If we do you something maybe you could do the same for us in the code department hehehehe but even if you can't we will probably still do the something for you anyway hehehe, Being independents ourselves we understand what GPH are trying to do here and it's great but without quality commercial titles to back the homebrews up it wont get the coverage it deserves.

So anyway if there are any devs out there that need anything in our areas of expertise let us know, We have a vast array of artists at our disposal and they are all happy to work on independent stuff.

Yeah give me a few days on that, The sites are up but the designs are too busy and are being redesigned.

damn, that's why i love this community :)
i sugguest adding a Team Building subforum for gp2x development in addition to the gp32 one

(not that i'm a coder myself)

I would be interested to see what you have done so far with graphics. I use Lightwave myself so to me it's great that you also use it. I may be interested in working with you later but I'm not gonna start dev for GP2X until early next year and I'm also starting with simpler games. Good graphics are welcome and if you are good I don't mind making a deal with you.

And please do hurry with the site :)

How many are you in your team and what kind of games are you planning?

Well i dont want to say at this point what type of games we have planned yet but i can tell you including all the diferent artists who are willing to work on stuff and this includes musicians too there are over fifteen artists ;)

My own forte (In fact what i get paid a lot for hehheeheh) is GUIs and sound fx, I have personally done well over fifty comercial GUIs up to this point not including GUIs for websites ;)
I will show you some of my GUIs if people are interested but i cant show you the ones i did for a couple Japanese companies because they have it written into the contract that i can never claim them as mine (Which i cant argue with they paid me a shitload of money)

PS in that number of fifteen artists above i have counted bands with multiple members as one entity, So it is a lot more than fifteen but some count just as one ;)

I will show some stuff soon DA, To be honest we dont have too much Lightwave stuff we can show because most of it is all for one project which is under NDA but i'm sure we can show you something.

Great that you are willing to offer such help!

Though can't help but feel sceptical at this point. "We" (as in royal we? :) ) "can do all this cool stuff, and have done heaps of cool stuff etc etc but have nothing to show yet, and can't tell you who we are" :blink:

I will show some stuff soon DA, To be honest we dont have too much Lightwave stuff we can show because most of it is all for one project which is under NDA but i'm sure we can show you something.

As Pea says, most of us are sceptical until we see some work. There's a lot of people who talk first but can't deliver. I have no reason to not trust that you have some nice stuff to show so I'm eager to see what you got. It's not really what you show that's important as long as you show stuff with good quality. I'm mostly interested in both 2D and 3D ingame graphics, 3D can always be rendered as 2D animations and those should both look and run great on GP2X.

Last edited by a moderator:

As Pea says, most of us are sceptical until we see some work. There's a lot of people who talk first but can't deliver. I have no reason to not trust that you have some nice stuff to show so I'm eager to see what you got. It's not really what you show that's important as long as you show stuff with good quality. I'm mostly interested in both 2D and 3D ingame graphics, 3D can always be rendered as 2D animations and those should both look and run great on GP2X.

Well, to be fair, it's a little easier to believe this guy since he's not asking for donations to get his Halo game ported to the GP2X. We may not know yet if he's actually any good, but at least he's not trying to take our money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey i didn't realise people have offered this sort of thing to get money or donations(Slimey bastards)
I retract the offer in that case and anybody who is interested in stuff can just PM me or something.
I'm real sorry guys i didn't realise others had offered and then taken the piss :(

I may just put a site up with resorces and contacts, That may be less suspicous i guess.

Back