nub replacements

milkshake

Advanced Member
Im am the owner of a pandora from the first run of pandora's before the nubs were re-tested and improvements made to the design, my fear is that one day my nubs will stop working and it will fall out of warrenty (got my pandora in june/july time) are these nubs easy to replace if it falls out of warrenty or would it be possible for worriers like me to have have the nubs exchanged via the distributer since the new nubs are far superior?

just a quick query really.

I got my replacement Pandora in September and had to return it a few weeks back as the nibs were starting to wander of their own accord. I've been told I'll be getting a new console rather than my current one with the nubs replaced, but thats simply due to the time and extra money it'd take to send the Pandora back to Texas! I assume they will return them in bulk if needs be). Not sure if it's feasible to get them replaced if there's no sign of failure though...

The nubs are soldered to the board and are apparently not easy to remove. You would probably need to buy a replacement board.

There was some talk a while ago about changing to a socketed design that would make the nubs easier to replace but I'm not sure if anything came of it. That wouldn't help you in any case.

As someone with 2 faulty nubs, I am very interested in knowing when replacement nubs become available as well. I'm not afraid of the soldering involved.

Back