non flu gp32, possible to frontlight with...

M0N0oNe

Still Fresh
the after burner kit, or any other type of device, cant afford a backlit one right now, so I was just wondering if later when I want a frontlight if it's possible to throw an afterburner kit in it.

i think a couple people have tried it on their own (or talked about trying it, at least)
and a few have even made external hangy-wormlight things..

but no actual afterburner-esque solution has been paraded around here, as far as I could tell you.. and I don't think you'll see one any time soon. your best bet is to try and sell your current model and put that $$ towards an official FLU unit, I'd say.

or keep waiting for the "do it yourself" kit that was announced the better part of a year ago, and looks like it's vapor pretty much... sorry man...

Selling my old one for a new sounds like a great idea, to bad I sold it a long time ago with my whole collection of video games for a damn computer that I dont even use :( Shit, I only have 200 bucks, oh well, guess I'll be getting a gba sp and a flash cart and usb linker thingy (free GBA games, yeeeeeeeeah).

Shadow of Chaos posted on Dec 24 2003 at 03:41 AM said:
Not another warez topic....... <_<
who said it was a warez topic, if you had your glasses on you'd notice the topic of this thread is how can I frontlight a non flu gp32, and if you cant supply me with this information I think it's better off you dont bother to reply at all, thanks :D

Last edited by a moderator:
the gp32 has a reflective material on the back fo the LCD which lets you see the LCD in light very good.

The problem is you can't put a light source behind it that is powerful enough (i took my gp32 apart and use 1 of them shirrty $2 lens to project the gp32 on the wal and i had a 100W globe behind it and it was very dim cause of the special light reflective backing)

only way to get backlight is to remove this and replace it with something else maybe the white plastic from a after burner but there is better and less power hogging solutions to get it backlighted.

if it is ment to run for 10hr ar whatever clocksped with rightly placed white LED you can have it last for 8 or more hours instead of using cold cathroid ray tube (i spell it wrong :p) which drains alot more power.

:ph34r:

i've searched and searched for a 3.5 inch replacement screen on the internet, and could never find one.

fuck, I hella want one badly, I think I'm just gonna go for the non flu one and go for the wormlight thingy.

The GP32's screen is a lot more reflective than the GBA's, or at least the regular GBA. I don't know about the SP.

Apparantly its harder to see the screen on the sp then on the gba unless you have the light on.

I highly recommend it. The light lights you the screen very well allowing you to get into a comfortable position and enjoy whatever it is you are doing on the gp32.

BTW, It's not a backlight!!! It's a frontlight. :D

Back