Nokia N800

Good for you!
Looks tasty. All of my life's dreams have recently been dashed, and I'm looking to fill the void with material goods. I'm unfamiliar with this sort of thing though, how's the payment work out? Like is it Pay As You Go, or a contract or something?

Well, to bump an old thread rather than start a new one...

Play is selling them at 129 GBP, so I have just got one. It's the tops! Works so well! Highly reccommended a this price.

So, anyone got any reccomendations for apps?

CUPC4KES said:
is it any good for games/homebrew? or does it just run the usual symbian stuff?

It runs some other linux OS, maemo 2008 or something. So not symbian. And the only games that seem worth bothering with are Scumm games (which so far are so wonderful to play on this thing!) So no for gaming. There are emus I have seen, but the d-pad is rubbish. The processor now runs at 400 mega thingies, so with a bluetooth control pad it could be great. But why bother-that's not what it for...

No, for me the benefits are that it surfs the net wonderfully, has two sd slots, an easily changable battery and plays media files good. I can commute between here in Germany and the UK without having to haul my laptop around! And still have 16gbs on two cards of music and films for the journey. The new Pandora will blow this this out of the window. But for the price it is great!

Last edited by a moderator:
CUPC4KES said:
is it any good for games/homebrew? or does it just run the usual symbian stuff?

It runs some other linux OS, maemo 2008 or something. So not symbian. And the only games that seem worth bothering with are Scumm games (which so far are so wonderful to play on this thing!) So no for gaming. There are emus I have seen, but the d-pad is rubbish. The processor now runs at 400 mega thingies, so with a bluetooth control pad it could be great. But why bother-that's not what it for...

No, for me the benefits are that it surfs the net wonderfully, has two sd slots, an easily changable battery and plays media files good. I can commute between here in Germany and the UK without having to haul my laptop around! And still have 16gbs on two cards of music and films for the journey. The new Pandora will blow this this out of the window. But for the price it is great!

Last edited by a moderator:
ive ordered one as well (from play.com) seems like a bargin since it can do the best touchscreen stuff the gp2xf200 can do (scummvm) and has proper Internet (where the gp2x is seriously cripped imo).

im gonna have to fettle it a bit to get java working and chatnet (a java based chat client for the game continuum)

i might get a bluetooth keyboard and gps receiver for it.

Going off flying to England tomorrow, without my laptop!!! I have loads of videos and mp3s on the sd cards, and will be able to find lots of open wifi spots I know! And loads of scumm games and ebooks!

I love this gadget.

(Bluetooth keyboard would be good though)

Back