No music in monkey island on gpscumm

V0ID

Still Fresh
I have monkey island installed on my gp32 and while it runs very well the only sound I have heard in it so far is the opening of a door. Admittedly I only gave it a short test but I was looking forward to the great music that this game has.

These are the files I am using:

ADLIB.IMS
MONKEY1.000
MONKEY1.001
ROLAND.IMS
SOUNDBLAS.IMS
SPEAKER.IMS

I have also tried these but was unable to get past the password screen (can't type in an answer):

DISK01.LEC
DISK02.LEC
DISK03.LEC
DISK04.LEC
000.LFL
901.LFL
902.LFL
903.LFL
904.LFL

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me get the music working as this was one of my favorite games on my old Amiga 500.

Thanks.

THE V0ID

k well I don't know much about it, but basically you only need MONKEY1.000 and MONKEY1.001 so at least you can save some SMC space by deleting the rest :)

First of all, the files you need are the ones below.
Which you seem to have.

MONKEY1.000
MONKEY1.001
DISK01.LEC
DISK02.LEC
DISK03.LEC
DISK04.LEC
000.LFL
901.LFL
902.LFL
903.LFL
904.LFL

The other files are not needed.

Next you need to enter the password. There is a virtual keyboard in scumm.
What you do is hold the "R" and "A" buttons and push up on the joystick 4 times.

Monkey islands with music. :)

Trooper

Okay, okay, you need the LEC and LFL if you're running the floppy version perhaps? Even though the CD files are virtually identical.

It works! Thanks for the help, much appreciated :D

Unfortunately the music is very crackly. Is it the same for all gp32s running monkey island? Is there a way to fix it?

Also, is there a way to have both sound effects and music in monkey island on the gp32? It seems that the CD version has only sounds and the floppy version only (crackly) music.

Thanks.

V0ID

Don`t quote me on this, But i think the crackling music may have something to do with the version of scumm that is used. Im not sure as i have not tried the one that runs at 133mhz yet, May do soon.

There are two version of scumm, One is set to run at 133mhz, The other is set to run at 132mhz and is named as such ( scumm132.fxe or whatever ) to lessen the risk of overclocking. If that is at all relevant anymore ;) .

Or it may have something to do with the sound files or what ever in the GP32 SDK, Can you tell im not a programmer. :p :D

Trooper

I thought it might be something to do with the version of gpscumm. I tried the scummvm.fxe file but my gp32 reset every time I tried to run it. I am using scumm132.fxe and it runs fine except for the crackling sound.

Shame my gp32 can't handle the overclocked setting, it looks like i'll have to go with the CD version of Monkey Island. At least it's got sound effects :)

V0ID

Back