No longer able to run any programs

drlanator

Still Fresh
i recently got my pandora rebirth for christmas. i've been getting a bunch of programs, and they all worked fine. now, i'm not sure what happened to change anything, but i suddenly can't use any programs. i get the same error every time. I select a program to run it. everything is fine untill a window pops up saying:

Mounting the PND failed. The application wont start. Please have a look at /tmp/pndrun_pndmanager.out

Edit: i removed one of my sd cards and now it works, but i still need the programs that were on that card!

(i found out it wouldn't run because i had that program on both cards, but none of my other programs are on both cards, so i don't know what's wrong.)

also, some programs just make it go back to the minimenu when i try to run them.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Mounting the pnd failed" seems to me to indicate that there is something wrong with the SD-card. Quick check: Move the working SD-card to the other SD-slot. Does it still work? If it does, it probably is something wrong with the card. If that one stops working when moved, or if the programs on the non-working card starts working when you move it to the other slot, then ou may have a problem with the SD-slot itself, but that is  less likely. 

Is the SD-card readable somewhere else, such as on a (fullsize) computer? And what does that file (/tmp/pndrun_pndmanager.out) say?

hmm. moxie, i switched the sd cards and now ALL of my programs do work properly.

Thnks for the help!

(and by the way, is there a way to make n64 run faster? again, i'm using rebirth edition.)

The Ghz models struggle a little with full-speed N64 on a lot of games, so getting that much out of a rebirth will be a stretch, but it should be possible to get many N64 games to be playable, if slow, and glitchy, on a rebirth.

Unfortunately, it varies between games, and tastes. Some video plugins are faster on some games, and some are faster elsewhere. And the fastest renderers tend to have them most glitches, although again it does vary. Fiddle with the video plugin settings to see what works for you for each game (the other plugins aren't as important, so you can ignore those).

In many cases I change the settings to run at native resolution (320x240) instead of double resolution (640x480 or 720x480). Overclocking is your friend.

Back