Nintendo64

irachnabulo

Still Fresh
Hello!
i was just wondering if there's nintedo64 emulator for the GP2X Wiz? if yes, can i have a link?
sorry if there's already a N64 post.

Irachnabulo

(Edited to remove sarcasm, cause I'm having a bad morning.)

Nope, no N64 emulator for Wiz. Should come out around the same time as a theoretical Pandora N64 emulator, which no-one is working on at the moment.

PlopperZ said:
Isn't N64 for on the Wiz impossible? Due to no GPU or something like that.
I dunno :unsure:

It's possible, at about 2 fps...

Last edited by a moderator:
PlopperZ said:
Isn't N64 for on the Wiz impossible? Due to no GPU or something like that.
I dunno :unsure:
Actually, wiz does include 3D acceleration capabilities. N64 emulation at decent speed is not unconceivable. Don't expect it tomorow, though.

N64 is floating point and Wiz isn't. How much this matters depends on how much a game uses floats; I expect that 3D games tend to use them a lot. If the game doesn't use them much then it should be possible for Wiz to perform better than PSP if the emulator is at least as good and the 3D subsystem isn't holding it back (and it's not especially bus limited).

Other than that you'd need a really good recompiler (would need one for Pandora too). StrmnNrmn said he was porting Daedalus to some other platform, and since he's already done x86 and MIPS the odds are not bad that it'll be ARM. Let's hope that he keeps it open.

Exophase said:
N64 is floating point and Wiz isn't. How much this matters depends on how much a game uses floats; I expect that 3D games tend to use them a lot. If the game doesn't use them much then it should be possible for Wiz to perform better than PSP if the emulator is at least as good and the 3D subsystem isn't holding it back (and it's not especially bus limited).

Other than that you'd need a really good recompiler (would need one for Pandora too). StrmnNrmn said he was porting Daedalus to some other platform, and since he's already done x86 and MIPS the odds are not bad that it'll be ARM. Let's hope that he keeps it open.
Thanks for all these details. I did not know about the lack of FPU. 3D acceleration without FPU sounds like nonsense to me. Too bad...

hal9000 said:
Thanks for all these details. I did not know about the lack of FPU. 3D acceleration without FPU sounds like nonsense to me. Too bad...
Same story on Nintendo DS (I've seen at least one dev complain about this as well)

Back