Nintendo Ds

Agree with all this!

At the moment, there just ain't the games!

But there might be....?

And am I the only one nostalgic for simple games that were all about high scores? Probably my happiest gaming memories are trying to beat a mates (or my Mums....!) high score. And that's why I've just odered Lumines!

I mean, just been playing Splinter Cell on the PS2, really enjoyable. But interactive movies like this are not the same as learning attack routines, getting in the Frogger Zone etc.

And don't get me started on Tetris....

High scores! Love em!

I izda Boi inda Hood! posted on May 13 2005 at 11:05 PM said:
Agree with all this!

At the moment, there just ain't the games!

But there might be....?

And am I the only one nostalgic for simple games that were all about high scores? Probably my happiest gaming memories are trying to beat a mates (or my Mums....!) high score. And that's why I've just odered Lumines!

I mean, just been playing Splinter Cell on the PS2, really enjoyable. But interactive movies like this are not the same as learning attack routines, getting in the Frogger Zone etc.

And don't get me started on Tetris....

High scores! Love em!
I like being able to achieve something, so just beating your high score over and over again just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually find myself playing more GBA games on the DS then DS games... Whilst saying that , I cant find much that intrests me on the PSP either.. Until BOTH games libraries gets bigger (or PSP gets more emus :D) I say both are gathering dust on my shelf...

Still waiting to get Meteos, Wario Ware Twisted and Mecury.

I have both the PSP and the DS. The PSP rocks. All I can say is I wouldn't have a DS if the PSP was out first. The screens are too small, too low resolution. The ergonomics totally blow, it is like holding a brick. The buttons are too small and close together, my fingers start cramping just thinking about it. The games are crap, and there aren't many. The 2 screen gimmick wore off in 20 seconds. This system is a train wreck. No wonder why Nintendo announced a new Gameboy, they need it.

Anyone want to trade me their BLU+ for it? It is barely used.

I izda Boi inda Hood! posted on May 13 2005 at 06:54 PM said:
Magus 86 posted on May 13 2005 at 06:17 PM said:
What do I think of it? Do you really want to know? I could go on for days... It's a gimmicky piece of crap... an utter waste of money, time, and resources. It's one of the most retarded things Nintendo has ever done/made. "innovative new gameplay," my ass... The 2 screens are a gimmick. The touch screen is a gimmick. Try playing WarioWare Touched... you'll see what I'm talking about. YES, the touch screen is a new idea as far as using it for gaming is concerned, but they're not doing anything cool with it anyway, so who cares? I don't have a DS of my own, but I've played one at Electronics Boutique. I would NEVER buy one. I don't care if it costs less than a PSP or GP32 or anything else. It's not worth even a penny anyway. I have not yet had the oppertunity to play a PSP, so I don't know how good it is compared to the DS, but I'm almost 100% certain, based on what I've seen, heard, and read about it, that it is definitely better and more worth it. I can say this because of its specs and what has come from sony in the past. They've got a powerful system with great graphics and a huge screen. The only problem I see with it is the fact that the whole thing is the most glossy object known to man and will pick up tons of smudges and fingerprints easily. Now if they're smart, they'll release ports of some of their old PSX games like the Jet Moto and Twisted Metal series(old ones like TM1 and 2. 2 was the best), and maybe Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9. It would also be cool to see ports of Tobal(Squaresoft fighting series that wasn't very popular, but it's my favorite fighting series ever). Maybe a port of Final Fantasy Chronicles? Basically... we need psx ports. If they don't give us PSX ports, then the PSP will follow in the footsteps of every other handheld before it(excluding the GP32). The only plus it will have over previous handheld systems is the fact that it can play music and movies(good quality, too) unless we see ports. Let's face it... I can't possibly be the only one out there who wished for ports(REAL ports... GOOD ports... not some crappy redone games with the same names as the originals that weren't even close... and when they are good ports, I'm not about to pay 20 bucks for a game that's 20 years old and only cost about 10 at the time when it was new... screw you, Nintendo, you won't get another penny from me) of my favorite console games to appear on the handheld systems of the time... That's why I love the GP32 so much. It might not be able to play anything newer than SNES(and the SNES emulation isn't the best either... hopefully that will change eventually though), but that's fine with me. I grew up playing NES 10 hours a day. the NES is part of who I am. Even if all it emulated was the NES, I'd still have one. Whether the PSP can be used for emulation or not is irrelavent. However, if it can emulate SNES flawlessly at some point in time, AND it gets some good PSX ports, I'll buy one. But I will never buy another thing from Nintendo... not until they get their act together. Everything they've done in the past 10 years has been a stupid gimmick and/or ripoff.

By the way, Trooper... speaking of the "cool new gadget" excitement that I got on the day I received my GP32... It still hasn't worn off(It's been about 2 months now), and I don't think it ever will. I absolutely LOVE this machine. The GP32 = best 200 bucks I've ever spent. I feel as though my life is now 90% complete. All I need to complete it now is for someone to make a good SNES emulator that runs at full speed with sound without that stupid grey bar on a BLU+(or if someone makes a perfect SNES emulator for PSP), and for Sony to put out ports of all the games I mentioned above(except FF8, that game sucked anyway... but I know there are some out there who loved it, so why not?) on the PSP. If those 2 things happen, then I will buy a PSP, and my life will truly be complete. :D

Dear Sir,

With all due respect, that is one of the most FUCKING retarted posts I've ever read!

If it wasn't for your positive comments on the GP32, I'd have you committed!

I am sick to the back teeth of idiots writing reviews on amazon like

"Reviewer: archie from your house
The new GTA for psp is thought to maybe be a mix of gta 3 and the next gta in teh series Gta 4. There have been hints of 4 player wireless play and also it will be set in liberty city the same in gta 3 but the cars will be different from gta 3.

Order this game now as it is going to be great! "

and

" Blown Away, April 17, 2005
Reviewer: irvinefan3 from England
This thing is in a differnt class to the PSP, and even if you are two i wouldnt get it. I got the PSP and it is so useful, the only problem is the amoun to f games and DVDs brought out, so dont get this get PSP. "

Do you see the point I'm trying to make?

HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU REVIEW SOMETHING YOU HAVEN'T GOT????

Is that clear? A quick blast in EB doesn't make for extensive playtesting. And was the N64 a disappointment? What were you expecting? Jeez, did you never play Goldeneye? Zelda?

At the moment there are no great DS games. But they might come. The original poster says 'really pleased'. He's having fun!

And you want ports? The same game you've played already? And that's all you want? Great, then we would still be playing space wars and pong on our new systems. They could be ported. Me? I am kinda hoping for the odd original game, but that's just me!

I never play my DS anymore. Don't play the PSP much anymore. But they are very new, and if the games that are promised are half as good as they could be, then we might all have fun.

But until then, only write about what you know about. Unless you want to surmise, of course. I just know that amazon will be full of Xbox 360 reviews, and I'll be seething!

Anyway, I've had a shite day! :(

cosign

DaveC posted on May 13 2005 at 11:34 PM said:
No wonder why Nintendo announced a new Gameboy, they need it.
Yeah, more than 5 million sold, fastest selling console ever in many countries and still going strong, they really need it.

I bought the DS for Electroplankton and some of the Mario DS minigames and don't regret my decision... much :)

The touch screen is great, but the dual screen is indeed an utter waste of time. If they replaced the bottom screen with a flat trackpad nobody would care and the console would be a bit cheaper.

I took a careful look at both and the PSP games don't interest me as they are mostly PSX ports... I am looking for more original games which I think the DS will come up with. At least it seems to have a new Mario 2d platformer which is promising. Throw in PDA functions and GBA compatibility and you've got yourself a good, multi-purpose machine that will offer you what other handhelds currently can't even if they are just 'gimmicks'. A long time from now any handheld worth its salt will emulate the PSP or the GBA sequel to come, but there won't be too many capable of emulating the DS :)

Rico posted on May 13 2005 at 11:59 PM said:
I bought the DS for Electroplankton and some of the Mario DS minigames and don't regret my decision... much :)

The touch screen is great, but the dual screen is indeed an utter waste of time. If they replaced the bottom screen with a flat trackpad nobody would care and the console would be a bit cheaper.

I took a careful look at both and the PSP games don't interest me as they are mostly PSX ports... I am looking for more original games which I think the DS will come up with. At least it seems to have a new Mario 2d platformer which is promising. Throw in PDA functions and GBA compatibility and you've got yourself a good, multi-purpose machine that will offer you what other handhelds currently can't even if they are just 'gimmicks'. A long time from now any handheld worth its salt will emulate the PSP or the GBA sequel to come, but there won't be too many capable of emulating the DS :)

Actually an uber powerful Pocket PC will emulate a DS perfectly. As the Pocket PC already has enough screen resolution (640 x 480) to display both screens in portrait mode and has a touchscreen it is almost guaranteed someday.

Just as I said before the system was released, the system is one giant gimmick. Nintendo loves its gimmicks--"3D gaming" with the VirtualBoy and the "astonishing, world-changing" GC-GBA link cable to name just two. The dual screen are a gimmick. Any normal person can not move their eyes independently of each other, so they must look at ONE screen at a time--making the other worthless. The screen is small, which is unacceptable. The touchscreen is great, but... not how they implemented it. It hinders the developers SO much to have only one screen a touch screen. If both were, the console would be a lot more versatile, more fun, and more innovative... but that's not how it turned out. The microphone? Bah. Maybe that will be useful once online play gets started up, which, admittedly, would be pretty cool.

With all this said, I probably WILL buy a DS sometime..when its game selection is greater and it costs less. Anyone who says it's impossible to have fun with it is an idiot, but I can understand the disappointment.

Right now, I'm really looking forward to (sometime) getting a PSP--buy far the better of the two consoles--and one of the awesome little PStwo consoles. :)

Don't much care for the DS, nintendo has burned me bad over the years and I havn't forgotten. (Starfox 2 for SNES cancelled, no EB 64, but they will crank out rehashes of pokemon over and over.) And when I went to the pokemon tournement in memphis and -won-, I got a hat... I drove 100 miles and had to pay 50 bucks in gas/food costs for a goddamn hat. The cheap cocks. The fucking bullshit thing? Some other kid had their picture in the paper as a "Winner" and won a GBA, entire pokemon library, etc. etc... AAAAAAAAARGH! I guess I wasn't "Photogenic" enough... <_<

Plus nintendo chargeing for DS online play, or thinking about letting people only play with who they've met in real life, is just proof that they have no idea what they are doing in the market anymore, same with pokemon emerald being no different than sapphire or ruby (It's true, I have screens to prove it), and I welcome their eventual atari-like demise. I want "true" originality and fun games like beyond good and evil, psychonauts, katamari damancy, old lucas arts adventure games, and days where fighting games weren't all 3D/anime DOA wannabes. not rehashed shit with trackballs or blinking lights that blink to music and mario plastered all over it.

Magus 86 posted on May 14 2005 at 03:47 AM said:
bitch, moan, piss, etc

Um... you wrote in your lengthy bitch session about how Nintendo are stupid for releasing ports of gamews on their older systems... then go on to say how the PSP would be great if there were more PSX ports.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in this?

"Uh oh! Magus said something bad about Nintendo! Let's flame him!!! ...oh wait... Everything he said is true... SHIT! Now what can I flame him for?! Aha! I'll comment on his lack of using the enter key, because we all know that is such an important issue! Hopefully complaining about Magus not using the enter key will keep people from noticing how far up my ass my head is! Yes, this plan will work perfectly! BUWAHAHAHA!!!"

I will type in whatever format I want to, okay? If I don't feel like making new paragraphs where you think they should be because you have trouble reading and comprehending what you're reading. That's YOUR problem, not mine. And where the hell did I say anything about nintendo making ports being stupid? What I said is that they're stupid for charging 20 bucks for a game that's 20 years old and only cost 10 when it was new. THAT is stupid. The fact that they've FINALLY made some good NES ports for their handheld system is great... they just did it in a really stupid way. One cartridge can definitely hold more than 1 game. Even if it couldn't, 20 bucks is a ripoff for an old game like that. I never said I wanted NOTHING but ports of old games(I want original games too, but what's the point? There's no need to make a game exclusively for a handheld system. Why would you want to limit the resources you have for making a good game? I realize that there were and there probably will always be some games that are impossible to port correctly from a console to a handheld, and that's fine. But they've had the ability to port NES games to the handheld consoles for a LONG time. If they thought bringing back old games was such a bad idea, why the hell did they decide to wait until those games were even older than they were at the time when they originally could have ported them all?... Note, I said I want some ports of current ones as well... When the gameboy came out, I wanted some Megaman ports(TRUE megaman ports. I know there are megaman games on the gameboy, but they're rehashes... they're not the same game. the levels are different, and so are the boss sets). I would have loved to play super mario 1, 2, and 3 on my gameboy. Did I get that? No. That was stupid. I'm not commenting on something I know nothing about. Ever since I laid eyes on Twisted Metal 2, I've been with Sony(before anybody tries to label me a fanboy, I'm not one. The NES is my favorite system of all time, and my favorite game ever, Chrono Trigger, was on the SNES. However, I've hated Nintendo(the company) ever since the N64. It was a crappy system, and everything they've done since then has been a piece of shit and/or gimmick. They acted all high and mighty before their DS was released, saying that the PSP won't compete with it because it's such a unique system. They also said any type of gameplay that the psp can do can be done by the DS, but the reverse isn't true... That's a true statement, but the "new, innovative" gameplay they're using on the DS isn't new or innovative, so it doesn't matter anyway... as far as use in games goes, it is new, but other than that, it's not. The touch screen isn't a new concept at all. It's a gimmick. And the 2 screens are stupid too. Like I need a second screen in Mario Kart to show me the map of the fucking race track, and who's in what place... HELLO?!?!? Has anybody at Nintendo ever heard of a goddamn HUD!?) I know what Sony makes is good. They have support from a lot of great 3rd party developers. Even if the PSP ends up sucking in the end, the simple fact that it is not a gimmick like the DS's stupid double screens and touch screen, along with the fact that it has a Twisted Metal game on it tells me without a doubt that it will be better. Yes, N64 sucked(it looked like shit compared to the PSX, and almost every single game on it forced you to use their shitty joystick. The controller design is fuckin retarded too. It has 3 triggers, but you can only use 2 of them at a time, what's the fuckin point?), and yes, I've played Goldeneye. That sucked too. Ocarina of Time was good, and Majora's Mask has a somewhat cool concept(time travel), but the way in which it's used in the game is fuckin retarded. Even without the reasons I've given for knowing the PSP will be better, the fact that the PSP is simply more powerful remains. It's more powerful, so it has more potential. It can process more stuff. The games can be bigger and therefore have better video and audio quality. What can the DS do? Play crappy gimmicky games. What can the PSP do? It can play games, just like the DS can. But it can also play movies and music. It's basically a much more powerful version of a GP32 that costs a little more and can play even better commercial games than the GP32. Once someone cracks it(if they haven't already), the door is wide open, and you'll be able to do almost anything with it. Because it's a more powerful system, there are more things you can do with it. Based on that alone, it is already a better system in that it has more functions. It's more versatile. If the games suck, you can still use it to watch your favorite movies in DVD quality wherever the hell you are. It's like a portable DVD player that fits in your pocket. It can also play music. It's an MP3/DVD(referring to quality, I know actual DVD's don't fit in it) player that fits in your pocket. So if the games suck, it's still useful. If the DS games suck(and the games I've played sure as hell do. Most retarded concepts I've ever seen, and the most inane tasks I've ever seen in a videogame as well...), then it's a useless piece of shit. At the end of the day, The PSP is better as far as I'm concerned. Since you seem to think I'm commenting on something I don't know about, please tell me... am I wrong? Does the PSP NOT play music or movies? Does the DS in fact play movies and music like I "THINK" the PSP Does? What have I said that isn't true or isn't based on knowlege? Please tell me. Feel free to pick apart my comments. Good fucking luck. You're gonna need it.

Magus 86 posted on May 14 2005 at 03:32 PM said:
I'll comment on his lack of using the enter key. I will type in whatever format I want to, okay? If I don't feel like making new paragraphs where you think they should be because you have trouble reading and comprehening what you're reading, that's YOUR problem, not mine.

You know, it WOULD make your posts much easier to read if you broke it up a little more. I wonder how many people just see one huge block of text and skip over it without reading it. Come to think of it though, they're saving themselves a lot of hassle.

And where the hell did I say anything about nintendo making ports being stupid? What I said is that they're stupid for charging 20 bucks for a game that's 20 years old and only cost 10 when it was new. THAT is stupid.

Well, you answered your own question there.
Any aspect of it you think is stupid, then you're still dissing them.

The fact that they've FINALLY made some good NES ports for their handheld system is great... they just did it in a really stupid way. One cartridge can definitely hold more than 1 game. Even if it couldn't, 20 bucks is a ripoff for an old game like that.

Maybe, but I'm sure the PSX ports for the PSP would only come one game per UMD, when it could hold a minimum of three.... going by your logic then these PSX ports will also be ripoffs. And as for charging more than they originally did, it's because of a little thing called INFLATION.

I never said I wanted NOTHING but ports of old games

And I never said that you did either.

I want original games too, but what's the point? There's no need to make a game exclusively for a handheld system. Why would you want to limit the resources you have for making a good game?

That statement can apply to the PSP as well, there's games being made exclusively for the PSP too.

Ever since I laid eyes on Twisted Metal 2, I've been with Sony. I know what they make is good. They have support from a lot of great 3rd party developers. Even if the PSP ends up sucking in the end, the simple fact that it is not a gimmick like the DS's stupid double screens and touch screen, along with the fact that it has a Twisted Metal game on it tells me without a doubt that it will be better.

What about if *I* don;t like Twisted Metal? Apparently ONLY this one game makes the PSP good (going by your logic), but I don't like that game, so by your logic, then I must think... no... KNOW... the PSP sucks.

the fact that the PSP is simply more powerful remains. It's more powerful, so it has more potential. It can process more stuff. The games can be bigger and therefore have better video and audio quality.

So? The PSP and DS are aimed at different ends of the handheld market. The DS is market purely as a games machine, not a hand held multimedia center like the PSP is. And just because one device is more powerful than the other means jack. As log as the developers making games for them know how to harness the potential of each device correctly, some stunning games can be made no matter what the limits of the systems are. And things like FMV in games are nothing more than a gimmick really.

Does the DS in fact play movies and music like I "THINK" the PSP Does?

Movies aside, there was a device (or was it a homebrew app... I forget) that allowed you to play mp3s on the GBA. And I'm sure it will happen on the DS before much longer.
EDIT: I just found out there is a device that lets you play movies on the GBA as well and is compact flash compatible. So if it's on the GBA, I don't see any reason why it won't be done on the DS. Then your point will be moot.

NOTE: I am in NO WAY a DS/Nintendo fanboy (I used to be a Sega fanboy, but there' s no point in being that now). I DO NOT own a DS, nor do I have any desire to get one right now. Nor do I have a desire to get a PSP right now, but since my love lies in emulation, once the door on PSP homebrew is busted wide open and emulators are available,m then yes, I will get a PSP then. But I am sitll not saying the PSP is better in the end.

Everyone has their own preferences on what they like and don't, and what is released for each system will sway their decision. When you look at it (and tech specs for systems really mean nothing, it's what is available for the systems) there is no one system that it better than another. It's what each individual person thinks is better, and that's what counts for them and them alone.

"Well, you answered your own question there.
Any aspect of it you think is stupid, then you're still dissing them."

Yeah, I'm still dissing them. I'm not denying that. But what I'm saying about them releasing ports finally is that they're charging too much for them. It's good that they've finally done it, but they're charging too much. And you can't tell me the inflation has been bad enough since the 80's to warrant selling a game that was 10 dollars 20 years ago for 20 dollars today, especially when the original cartridges aren't even that much now.

"Maybe, but I'm sure the PSX ports for the PSP would only come one game per UMD, when it could hold a minimum of three.... going by your logic then these PSX ports will also be ripoffs. And as for charging more than they originally did, it's because of a little thing called INFLATION."

That all depends on how much they charge for the ports, and since they're ports of PSX games(which are only 10 or 11 years old at the most), they should cost more. Think about it. A 1989 Nissan Sentra will cost a lot less than a 1995 Nissan Sentra(unless the '95 is in really really shitty condition, and the '89 isn't).

"What about if *I* don;t like Twisted Metal? Apparently ONLY this one game makes the PSP good (going by your logic), but I don't like that game, so by your logic, then I must think... no... KNOW... the PSP sucks."

That's fine. You don't have to like Twisted Metal. Just as the DS sucking is my opinion, Twisted Metal(and the PSP, for that matter) sucking is your opinion. There's nothing wrong with that. You choose what you want to do based on your opinions and personal experiences just as I have.

"So? The PSP and DS are aimed at different ends of the handheld market. The DS is market purely as a games machine, not a hand held multimedia center like the PSP is. And just because one device is more powerful than the other means jack. As log as the developers making games for them know how to harness the potential of each device correctly, some stunning games can be made no matter what the limits of the systems are. And things like FMV in games are nothing more than a gimmick really."

True... But what I'm saying is that there are more things that the PSP CAN do that the DS can't because of limited power. It has a larger potential. I wasn't referring to FMV's, just the fact that the quality of the sound and video(meaning the stuff you see, not necessarily an FMV) can be better. While audio and video quality aren't the most important things in the world, they are still a plus, and they contribute positively to the gaming experience.

"Movies aside, there was a device (or was it a homebrew app... I forget) that allowed you to play mp3s on the GBA. And I'm sure it will happen on the DS before much longer.

NOTE: I am in NO WAY a DS/Nintendo fanboy (I used to be a Sega fanboy, but there' s no point in being that now). I DO NOT own a DS, nor do I have any desire to get one right now. Nor do I have a desire to get a PSP right now, but since my love lies in emulation, once the door on PSP homebrew is busted wide open and emulators are available,m then yes, I will get a PSP then. But I am sitll not saying the PSP is better in the end.

Everyone has their own preferences on what they like and don't, and what is released for each system will sway their decision. When you look at it (and tech specs for systems really mean nothing, it's what is available for the systems) there is no one system that it better than another. It's what each individual person thinks is better, and that's what counts for them and them alone."

Just like audio and video quality, ability to play movies and music are not absolutely necessary. They are extra features, and they still have relavence in deciding which system to buy(maybe not for everybody, but they are for me). What I'm saying is that the PSP has more uses. it's more versatile. It can actually save you money down the road, even though it's more expensive initially than the DS because it serves more purposes. Once cracked, it will be able to emulate more systems than the DS, as well as ones that require too much power for the DS to emulate. People use cost as a reason for the DS to be better(not necessarily in this forum, but I have seen people mention it before). If it can't play movies, and you have to buy an accessory to make it play music, you're probably already looking at the same price as a PSP to do less than a PSP can do. Aside from that, the games suck(once again, my opinion. I don't understand why everybody gets so damn worked up about this crap. Someone started a thread asking for opinions, I gave mine, and people start bitching at me... wtf?). I don't necessarily plan on buying a PSP either... maybe in the future, once more stuff is out for it and all the kinks(i've heard about some defects) are worked out(and I have the money...), but definitely not yet. I see no reason to buy a DS. As far as I'm concerned, it's a waste of money. That's my opinion. We're all entitled to our own, so don't get pissed at me for expressing mine(not directed at you, white demon, just everybody who got pissed at me for doing so)

One last thing... perhaps if this were some kind of report written for school, I might consider putting everything into nice, neat little paragraphs. However, it's not. It's just a collection of thoughts, typed in the order in which they appeared inside my head. Putting everything into paragraphs would require me to rearrange a lot of what I've written because not all related sentences are grouped together anyway... so what's the point? That's the reason we have paragraphs... to group thoughts that are relavent to each other... If you can't read or understand what I've typed because it's not in neat paragraphs, then your reading sucks, and you need to go back to 1st grade, kindergarten, or whenever/wherever the hell you learned how to read and learn it again because you obviously didn't learn it corectly the first time.

rightifyouarenotgonnabothertousetheenterkey,thenwhyshudIbothertousethespacekeyInfactwhybothertouseanypuncuationatallmaybeyoushouldstartuyourownsocietywherepeoplegettogetherandjusttalswithoutstoppingyouretard!

Now look here, you silly little school boy! If I came up to you in your primary school playground, and talked and talked and never took a breath, just kept on and on, then maybe I wouldn't bevery popular....

You see the paragraph is like a drawing of breath, a way of phrasing so that what you say has time to sink in before you make another witty and erudite point? Okay? It's just plain manners. So, next time you type, use the fuckin enter key? You wanna be a part of this forum, you want peole to read your posts?

Now, yes, you are wrong. Why? Because of this simple, unarguable point! Are you ready? Okay, here it is....

THEY AREN'T MAKING GAMES JUST FOR YOU TO PLAY!

Do you see? They don't sit there, and say, "Now, what would Mangus want next? Another Twisted Metal Clone?". No, they make games for diferent people! Amazing isn't it, that we have wants too, but there you go, sorry and all that. May come as a bit of a shock to you, but we matter too!

Now, to flame you into some sense, Mangeyus, (did I mention the enter Key in the last post? Still flamed you though!) Wading through your tiresome post; yep, a lot of your critiscms against Ninty are true. The DS isn't perfect. Far from it, and there are no games that I wanna play. My DS has hardly been used. My PSP isn't used that much either-after Ridge Racer my other games are idling. But I have both. I can comment from a position of Knowledge on things that you can't, cos you ain't got them! 2 minutes in EB? Stop being such a jerk!

Why the hatred against the system that your Mom ain't gonna buy you? It's because you are terrified of joining the wrong 'club'! This 'mine is better than yours' shite has been going on since I was a kid and I'm sick of it (BTW. My Speccy WAS better than your C64 :p ).

Your dumb comment on having space for more than game on a cartridge is like the stupid arguments about the ps1 game costs "Cds only cost a few pence to make, so why £35 a game...!" Doh, you dim witted boy! Seeing as how most people out there don't steal roms from t'interweb, then they might be happy to buy a top game for $20!!!

Goldeneye shit? Have you never played Deathmatchs? Have you no Mates? Probably not if ou talk as you type!

(Look, kids are gonna love Pictochat. Just cos you don't they will!)

Best game I've ever played (after Elite)? FF7, would I buy it on PSP, maybe... But maybe not! I've played it, you see! Want a new game. Ports aren't always so good (new Burnout? yes!) But you might, so by my logic, so that's fine :huh:

Hey, imagine this. Your new magazine comes out with an indepth review of somethingorother!

"Hi Kids, we are really gonna give you the dis on "GTA-Nuneaton borough boyzindhood!" And here's our thoughts.... We ain't played it but our mate has and he says it's wicked! You can kill blah blah blah! But don't get the ninty version, cos we had 30 seconds in gamestop and it's shit! so there you have it. 10/10!"

And that, my Kumpel, is you! That's the bottom line! Yes, a lot of what you said is true about the DS, at the moment it isn't working for a lot of us! But a lot of people are loving it! You ain't japanese! But nor is the PSP, imo. No games for either system to make us WOW! But it was the vehemence that you stated your ill informed comments, when you own neither system! How can you know if the Film playback/mp3 features of the PSP are really useful (I know how useful they are to me, cos I've got one :D -buy an IPOD (or something) but don't waste your batteries!). You are writing as if you are a pre teen fan boy (there, I said it-I KNOW you love the NES, but a fan boy jumps onto a system before he has it and defends it to the death without knowing etc etc). And for that you deserve all the flaming you got!

It's not all about processer speeds, boy! And how boring if we only have new hardware that ONLY gets faster. We want more gaming oppurtunities! More eye toy, more hardware advances. Not silly little fanboys wanking over thier new faster clockspeeded psp6 playing GTAbirminghamviceshitty!

But at least we have Mingy here to tell us what we need to know about the state of the handheld market!

Now, grow up and get to school!

fitzsteve posted on May 13 2005 at 05:34 PM said:
Hi Ill,

Just got myself a Nintendo DS, Rellay pleased just been playing Ridge Racer and some GBA games vis my old GBA linker card and im pretty impressed.

What I was wondering is:

A ) Anyone else got a DS and what do you think of it?

B ) Is there a EMU scene, I expect the old GBA emus of Sega SMS Speccy and Nez will work vis the linker card, but is there any chance of a N64 Emu on it? Or any other emus for that matter.

Thanks for Reading,

Steve.

^ Getting back on topic ...

Ontopic Post: I have a DS and love it and I'll be buying a PSP when its launched here in the UK for perspective ;) I like the dual screens, sure they're a little bit of a gimmick, but the whole system is to me, thats half the appeal.. its different. Really looking forward to playing games that will take full advantage of the control mechanism like RTS's RPG's etc.

Anyway no real EMU scene yet, but since its now very homebrew friendly ( alternative firmware out / FF's WMB 'wifime' ) only a matter of time.

Magus 86 posted on May 14 2005 at 04:45 PM said:
I don't understand why everybody gets so damn worked up about this crap. Someone started a thread asking for opinions, I gave mine, and people start bitching at me... wtf?)

Why did everyone get so worked up? Simple. You didn't come across as simply stating your opinion, you came across in your first two posts as some annoying little fanboy who only had PSP and not DS and were sprouting about something you didn't know about. Now we find out you don't even have a PSP either! Whatever. But your third post IS getting better about being not so 'fanboy'ish and more open minded.

perhaps if this were some kind of report written for school, I might consider putting everything into nice, neat little paragraphs. However, it's not. It's just a collection of thoughts, typed in the order in which they appeared inside my head. Putting everything into paragraphs would require me to rearrange a lot of what I've written because not all related sentences are grouped together anyway... so what's the point? That's the reason we have paragraphs... to group thoughts that are relavent to each other.

And that's the whole point of a forum, to get your points acroiss in a concise, cohesive manner. Just typing down stuff as you think of it and going back and forth does not make for a cohesive argument.

Yeah, I'm still dissing them. I'm not denying that. But what I'm saying about them releasing ports finally is that they're charging too much for them. It's good that they've finally done it, but they're charging too much. And you can't tell me the inflation has been bad enough since the 80's to warrant selling a game that was 10 dollars 20 years ago for 20 dollars today, especially when the original cartridges aren't even that much now.

That all depends on how much they charge for the ports, and since they're ports of PSX games(which are only 10 or 11 years old at the most), they should cost more. Think about it. A 1989 Nissan Sentra will cost a lot less than a 1995 Nissan Sentra(unless the '95 is in really really shitty condition, and the '89 isn't).

Once again, inrony reigns supreme. You are again, dissing Nintendo for charging more than they originally did for their ports and in the next paragraph say it's OK for Sony to do the same. WTF?

And the car comparison doesn't hold water. Nissan aren't remaking older cars for today's market are they?

People use cost as a reason for the DS to be better(not necessarily in this forum, but I have seen people mention it before).
Then they are simply as fanboyish as you originally came across. Don't worry about it. Just as I am not worried about replying to everything you said in your last post, since you put you points forward in a matter that didn't came across as fanboyish as originally.

Now if we could only work on finding that darn enter key....

Back