newnewbie questions

Steth

Still Fresh
Hi to all. I'm going to buy a gp32 but while i was looking at this forum a lot of qustions came into my mind:

1) Can the gp32 still be bought?

2) what can i do with it (Emulators, MoviePlayer, Text reader...are them useful?)

3) Have I to pay to use this softwares? Are they good?

4) Is GP32 overclockable?

5) I'm European, Is GP32 going to be selled in europe?(In Italy....?)

6) Is GP32 able to run SNES games? (in a playable way?)

7) isn't to much to pay 150$ for the GP32?

8) After you bought it u have to pay other things?

Plz reply to me and answer to my questions plz....

Thank u for any help! :)

Sup? Not to be an azz. But, search the forum. Similar people have asked these questions. Just Search. Yes 149.00$ is a basic and best price to pay, but lik-sang i believe goes through customs.

-Matt

I'm doing this questions because on others post isn't too clear, can anyone answer me

ok here goes.

1. Yes the GP32 can still be bought. Try GBAX.com or Lik Sang. They are always good.

2. You can do so much with it. So many emulators. A good text reader. GPCinema is awesome and video quality is impressive. You can also listen to music in MP3 format.

3. Most software, such as emulators are free. People have also released new operating systems such as WindUps which is also free. There are commercial games available, but they tend to be in Korean. GpCinema has also to be bought although its very cheap- about £8.

4. Yes the Gp32 is overclockable. Every GP32 can overclock to 133 mhz (the normal speed is either 40 or 60mhz or something like that). Some GP32's can overclock to upto 166mhz, although it is different from machine to machine.

5. The European launch of the GP32 has recently been cancelled. It is unclear what will happen regarding this in the future. The launch in Spain also looks dodgy at the moment.

6. The GP32 can run SNES games although it is debatable whether they are playable or not. I find that most RPGs are still fun to play and that if overclocked to 166mhz (which i am lucky enough to be able to do) then other games such as platformers are playable too. Many people do not believe that SNES is playable. It depends on how fussy you are.

7. no- for me it acts as a book, a portable DVD player, an MP3 player and a games machine. Its the best thing i ever bought. Although it may not be suitable for everybody.

8. Yes- you have to buy a Smart Media Card. these are not expensive though a nd a 128mb should keep you occupied for a while. After that, there are obviously optional things such as carry bags and power adaptors etc.

Hope i could have been of some help. :)

Yes! Thanks a lot!

Do u know if are there free movieplayer and what about this other new free os?

There is a free DIVX player, although its very slow and doesnt have sound. It is definitely worth buying GPCinema- it is very cheap.
There are various operatng systems- WindUps and PacRom. Do a forum search for info about these.

I've had my GP32 for months now and I just downloaded a SNES emulator i don't remember which one and since i'm at work i can't check, but I play Super Mario allstars on it and without sound it runs fine. I don't know if my machine is overclocking or not, mine can only go to 156mhz, but the only problem i have is with the buttons, i can't map the buttons, so all my buttons do the same thing and it gets frustrating, but most definetly so far SNES is very much playable.

I have another question.... If i uy GP32 in a american\korean webshop have i to pay the transport?

Back