Newbies

The message boards at gamefaqs.com uses a "karma" system to show how long a user has been active on the boards; you get one "karma" point for every day you are logged in and have at least one active post.

As one acquires karma, new "titles" are awarded (rugular user, veteran, legend, elite, etc...). I hate this system! Users with higher karma typically look down upon those with lesser karma, as if their input or threads are less important.

.. frankly, I hate many things about gamefaqs .. this place is great. Let's all get along, huh?

* passes peace pipe *

mattmagoo posted on May 19 2004 at 12:09 PM said:
I wanna b a RUGULAR user

NEW CUSTOM MEMBER TITLE, THANKS Telcoulou
You hurt my feelings, mocking my inadvertant typo like that.

:lol:

* doesn't correct it *

Last edited by a moderator:
There is one thing we all seem to forget. It says the following in our I need help forum description "This is a forum for very new users and not only, there is no such thing as a stupid question in here. Have a problem ? Just ask for help."

If we are going to get pissed off at any user that believes this than maybe we should change it or better yet chill out. If you don't like answering the noob questions don't answer them. Don't flame them. Definately don't swear at them.

I personally read all the FAQs etc before posting but not everyone does. That's a fact and we have to live with it. If the noobs annoy you ignore them. I personally have been put off answering some noob questions because I've had to trawl through so much anti noob guff.

Don't forget a lot of the noobs are youngsters that don't have the patience of us old farts. I would imagine a lot of the anti noob comments are from youngsters too.

The rules are easy:

1. Noob posts a daft or often asked question.

2. Examine the noobs post.

3. Reply in a civil manner or ignore the post.

It really is that simple.

Back