Newbie Giving Thanks.

alyinsanfran

Website
Visit site
Just got my Blu, been waiting for it since November. What a great toy.
After figuring out how to format etc (I'm a mac user) I've got caSTaway up and running.
What a fantastic little emulator.
Skeezix, well done! Not just for creating the thing but updating it too. It's a real work of art.
I was an avid ST owner and being able to stuff one in my pocket is a dream come true.
Time to figure out how to get STOS running on noSTalgia, I still have my old manual somewhere...

heh, cool .. if you make a new STOS game, you'd be a hero :)

You're very welcome; as long as I live, there will be Atari ST, and command line unix ;)

I do need to fix the BLU+ issue still and som eother improvements, but in due time,

jeff

Drunk as I am it dosn't matter

skeezix I have still yet to try out your ST emulator although I have wateched it develop on these boreds since day one. You are one of my favorite coders simply for the fact that you post here so much and really involve the community so much and seem to take feed back on this bored so seriously as far as ispiration for castaway.

and command line unix

Thanx I work for a non-profit and unix and linux is a huge part of what we do (well free software). I have been pushing *nix more now than ever and have always thought that the *nix command line was the most fun command line OS I have come in contact with and try to spread the good word as much as possible.
Did the ST us a unix command line? I havn't tried it out simply becuase when I think reto gaming I think Nes, Snes, and Genesis because that was what I was around back in the day.

Yep, found the STOS manual. Two of 'em in fact. So no excuses.
Considering it's been 15 years since I coded it says a lot about caSTaway that it would get me up off my arse to re-aquaint myself with it.
I came the usual route, ZX81, C64, Sega SC3000 (I can brag about that, lovely machine we got in NZ that I see is supported on GP) and then ST.
And then a pc. And that was then end of that. Ditto the mac.

Skeezix the blu+ issues are pretty minor I reckon, though I'm sure it'll be muchly appreciated when the last fix is completed. Personally the wee line at the bottom is not even in my line of sight, I have to look right at it to see it.

Back to Stunt Car Racer. This much fun should be illegal.

If the line is only at the bottom then it doesn't effect the game screen anyway right?

heh, cool .. if you make a new STOS game, you'd be a hero :)

You're very welcome; as long as I live, there will be Atari ST, and command line unix ;)

I do need to fix the BLU+ issue still and som eother improvements, but in due time,

jeff

Do you have a BLU+ yet ? It could be a good excuse to get one because you need itr for developement and testing purposes :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back