New Version Of Mame (2.9)

on the top of my wish list is a save states function. For some games it is not possible to play them to the end due to baterry limitations (eg ghosts'n goblins). But anyway, this is just a shy wish...

Hia,

Can anyone help me with a problem I have with Mame. Some Roms seem to start up in diagnostic mode. Defender was one, how do I stop this? I know that with Mame for the PC there was an option that emulated the hardware diag dip switch to be on. Is there anything like this hidden away in Mame for the GP2X?

Clare.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Oct 6 2006 at 08:40 AM said:
Hia,

Can anyone help me with a problem I have with Mame. Some Roms seem to start up in diagnostic mode. Defender was one, how do I stop this? I know that with Mame for the PC there was an option that emulated the hardware diag dip switch to be on. Is there anything like this hidden away in Mame for the GP2X?

Clare.

Defender and other Williams games need a trick to make it to run. At first boot they start in diagnostic mode, then press START+SELECT simultaneously to reset the game, and at next boot it start in normal playing mode.

Another trick is for Super Pang, when booting the fist time the START button has be keep pressed until the game boots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Franxis posted on Oct 6 2006 at 11:09 AM said:
Defender and other Williams games need a trick to make it to run. At first boot they start in diagnostic mode, then press START+SELECT simultaneously to reset the game, and at next boot it start in normal playing mode.

Another trick is for Super Pang, when booting the fist time the START button has be keep pressed until the game boots.
Great thanks for that info. I'm playing Defender as you read this :D

Forgive my terminology, but 'vintage' or how old
do the roms have to be to play on this version of the emu?

Just wondering if the ones I have will be compatable or not.
Thx.. Sounds like Franxis is doing wonders with mame for the GP2X!

Rivroner posted on Oct 7 2006 at 11:48 AM said:

...is it the 'Rom Set' version that I am asking about? I guess that always confoosed
me. :blink:

The roms I have are for .94 on my arcade cabinet.
I tried a couple like US Donkey Kong and others, and many don't work.

I'm guessing I have the wrong 'rom set'?

Back