new to GP32

guitar_shredder

Still Fresh
hello, I'm interested in buying a gamepark but I have some questions about this handheld. I know that you can play snes game on it, but can someone tell me
like how many snes games fits on a 128mb card?
and can you play m.a.m.e games on it like The Simpsons arcade game? thanx

Well snes emulation isn't all that great right now, and probablly won't ever be that great, but you could fit around 30-60 snes games on a 128mb smc.

Mame games aren't supported yet, but a mame emulator is being made, and a release should be coming soon. This should show you how the emu is right now: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=4463

Last edited by a moderator:
guitar_shredder posted on Oct 19 2003 at 07:09 PM said:
hello, I'm interested in buying a gamepark but I have some questions about this handheld. I know that you can play snes game on it, but can someone tell me
128mb SMC is equal to 128mb on your harddrive. I believe the average snes rom is about 2 megs. Currently the snes emu is only full speed (Frameskip 3-4) without sound. Both snes emulators are discontinued but rlyeh is going to work on fSNES and yoyo's secret project might be a snes emulator. If you are into emulation, wait awhile see what happends with the Zodiac. For more info on the Zodiac go to ZodiacGamer

Azure posted on Oct 20 2003 at 03:09 AM said:
128mb SMC is equal to 128mb on your harddrive. I believe the average snes rom is about 2 megs. Currently the snes emu is only full speed (Frameskip 3-4) without sound. Both snes emulators are discontinued but rlyeh is going to work on fSNES and yoyo's secret project might be a snes emulator. If you are into emulation, wait awhile see what happends with the Zodiac. For more info on the Zodiac go to ZodiacGamer
your converting the recruits! :ph34r:

seth posted on Oct 19 2003 at 08:25 PM said:
Azure posted on Oct 20 2003 at 03:09 AM said:
hello, I'm interested in buying a gamepark but I have some questions about this handheld.  I know that you can play snes game on it, but can someone tell me
and can you play m.a.m.e games on it like The Simpsons arcade game?  thanx
your converting the recruits! :ph34r:
:D I just don't want them to kill themselves when they find out that the Zodiac is faster and better in some ways (IMO in a lot of ways) than the GP32.

Back