Should I Get One?

harmon kardon 2k

Still Fresh
I am thinking of buying a GP32 but first I have a few questions to ask...

1) How many games is capable of holding at one time

2) Does the amount of games being held affect it's performance at all (e.g. speed)?

3) Can you play SNES games at ful compatability?

4) Can you play GBC games at ful comaptability?

5) Do you just use normal roms that you download for PC emulators and is it easy to put them onto the machine?

Thanks for any help guys and if I get the answers I'm after then I will definately be buying one!

:) :) :)

1. an smc is 128mb so it can hold A LOT of roms
2. nope
3. im assuming by compatability you mean speed so ....nearly if you overclock, but theres a couple of snes emus in development so im hoping.....
4. yes
5. yes

Here are some answers...

1) The amount of games it can hold depends on the size of your Smart Media Card. The system ifself does not come with storage memory, so you NEED to get a Smart Media Card in order to store your games. The memory cards range in size from 8MB to 128MB.

2) No it doesnt.

3) Not at the moment.

4) I'm not sure, but I think its close.

5) Yes you use the same ROMs that you use on your PC and yes it is easy to put them on the machine. You put them on the Smart Media Card either via a Memory Card Reader/Writer or using the GP32 itself connected via USB to your PC.

Cheers for the help guys, I am definately going to get one know thanks to your replies and other things that I have read, do you know how long deliveries take from gbax.com?

Well thats great news, although I'll have to order soon seeing as they only have about 200 left in stock and production has been stopped (from what I've read on gbax.com)!

One last question can you use cheats with some of the emulators (e.g. gameshark or gamegenie)?

I've finally ordered my GP32 and it should arrive on Monday or Tuesday!!!

So what should i try first, some emulated games, mp3 or movies?

I'd say go for the emulators first. CaSTaway/GP (Atari ST), GPengine (PC Engine), Frodo (C64), Little John (Nes) and FSMS32 (SMS/GG) are my most played. My GP32 is just one big emulation device at the moment!! :D

I'd say go for the emulators first. CaSTaway/GP (Atari ST), GPengine (PC Engine), Frodo (C64), Little John (Nes) and FSMS32 (SMS/GG) are my most played. My GP32 is just one big emulation device at the moment!! :D
id start with little john a nice simple but jammed with options emu. Just put the roms in the right folder, load the fxe and there u go. sumthin like castaway might b a bit confusin to start with. id save divx stuff 4 later if i were u.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the FLU version

I think I will go for mp3 first, probably put chili pepers 'by the way' on it. Although one thing I don't know is how to convert wma music files top mp3, so any help on that woud be appreciated.

Is the movie stuff dificult then? I have done some stuff, such as converting DVD's to VCD but thats all.

Back