New Ti Chip

Which solution is the Pandora using? Bluetooth 3 brings benefits even if you're not going to utilise the bandwidth, it's lower powered if I remember correctly.

sullrosh said:
needs more crap in it... lazers... microwaves... flashlight.... there is totally large amounts of wave spectrum not being taken into account here

/unimpressed

Last edited by a moderator:
But.. the Pandora already has BlueTooth, and I doubt an FM radio is necessary...

That is one cool chip. The future is looking bright, and with Craig saying the Pandora will probably be made in two years it looks like it might have this chip.

Jourdy288 said:
But.. the Pandora already has BlueTooth, and I doubt an FM radio is necessary...

The GPS would be nice to have though, just don't use the FM part.

I red the news here: http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/TI-WiLink-70/

All those function in once chip is just awesome.... and it's supposed to be small / power efficient too.
It's sampling now so I guess it will take some time before we get this in actual device. It crazy what cheap portable device will be able to do in the future :)

hitbyambulance said:
Jourdy288 said:

the FM tuner is pretty much the only reason why i use my Zune... it's pretty nice.
It also says it's an FM transmitter... so say, stream music to your car stereo without wires or extra assessories... theoretically?

BackAssward said:
hitbyambulance said:
Jourdy288 said:

the FM tuner is pretty much the only reason why i use my Zune... it's pretty nice.
It also says it's an FM transmitter... so say, stream music to your car stereo without wires or extra assessories... theoretically?

That's the general idea, but it would have to conform to whatever limits are put on commercial FM transmitters. Can't remember exactly what they are, but it's pretty weak so you have to be really close to the antenna. Even then sound quality's not that great.

Edit: Here's the US law regarding this, hot off wikipedia. It's under "Unlicensed Broadcasting". Linkage

I use my Dual-Sim Chinavasion phone for FM. It's a nice perk, but IMHO not worth spending too much extra money on.
GPS would be pretty nice, although I probably wouldn't use it much.

Back