New Pandora scenario

Maize16

Still Fresh
Ed, say your current pandora (and any backup pandoras) died/failed or were crushed/broken. They are now unusable. You reach in the fresh pandora box and grab a new one to get going. What is the first thing you do to optimize your new unit? Sort of like getting a new laptop, unintsalilling the bloat, installing anti-malware stuff etc. What are your first and second moves? 

Thanks.

I would only make the fonts smaller... the rest isa all on my SD Card :D
Can you be a little less cryptic  :angry:

As someone who knows the pandora just as much as anyone, what does he do with a new personal unit?

Last edited by a moderator:
What he is saying is that the question you would be better off asking is:

"As a new user, how should I go about setting up my SD card?"   ;)

... which of course you can transfer between any Pandora and get pretty much the same experience... (unless you modify the NAND... but that's not recommended for new users).

What he is saying is that the question you would be better off asking is:

"As a new user, how should I go about setting up my SD card?"   ;)

... which of course you can transfer between any Pandora and get pretty much the same experience... (unless you modify the NAND... but that's not recommended for new users).
The sd card was crushed as per the OP.  :D

You restore from the backup you wisely made after the last time it happened.  :D

Edit: Sorry, I'm just being cheeky.  ;)

Hoping someone with more energy and enthusiasm will come along and give you a run down of setting up folder structure and downloading some of the must have PNDs, and the priority of running them - I.e. community codec pack etc...

Isn't this all on the wiki?

Last edited by a moderator:
You phone the police and tell them about this nutter who keeps smashing your expensive electronics?

True, I got a regular backup of my card, so that would be my next solution ;)

But if you're asking for a real fresh start, then I can't give you many details either. I install things when I need then.

So for a fresh Pandora: I would install the SNES emulator the first time I'm in the mood to play SNES. And I'd install LibreOffice when I first need to have a proper word processing tool.

So I don't particularly set up a system from the start - I just install what I need when I need it.

Y'know it might be a nice feature of the Repo to allow you to mark favorite apps to download in one go, just in case the unthinkable happens. Kind of a "My Configuration" list. Users could compare lists too, which might be fun. :D Don't have a list? Grab someone else's as a starting point.

Y'know it might be a nice feature of the Repo to allow you to mark favorite apps to download in one go, just in case the unthinkable happens. Kind of a "My Configuration" list. Users could compare lists too, which might be fun. :D Don't have a list? Grab someone else's as a starting point.
im working on that.

Back