New Owner : Happy + Few Questions

j0n

Hey guys,

I've been knocking around the forums for a while and I finally got the money to upgrade a few weeks ago.

So I got my pandora last Friday and it is great! I've gotten myself readdicted to FF7, somehow its more fun to play things on the pandora than on the Playstation, but maybe that's just me.

So initially there was a problem with the left nub not registering left properly but after I looked on the forums and saw that people were suggesting taking the battery out I tried it, and it worked!

Everything else is pretty great, the wifi is pretty slow but that seems to be the case with everyone.

I've tried Super Geometry Dust which is great and Wars which are both very impressive games.

I was wondering though what the story is with apps? There seems to be 3 places where people post things:

Is any one of these more authoritative than the others?

Sorry if this info is elsewhere I couldn't find it on my searches.

I also have a question about the pandora case, there is a small bit of velcro on the inside top of the case, and I'm not sure what could possibly be held in place by it as it is a very small space.

Anyone have any idea what this is for?

The repo is where the maintainers of the apps upload them. If you want to be sure to get the latest version, this is where to start looking. With PNDStore, you can automatically get updates to the apps here.

The Appstore is Craigix wanna-be-apple solution. All apps has to pass some form of screening. Afaik, there's no quality control what so ever. However, because of craigix efforts, this is the most complete place when it comes to apps/games. Although a few of them are are outdated or broken.

The file archive is more like a FTP-site where people just dump stuff. Considered legacy, but there might be some stuff only uploaded there. Only place at the moment that accepts non-PNDs.

Then, there's the wiki pages. these collects download links and discussion topics to most of the released software.

The repo is where the maintainers of the apps upload them. If you want to be sure to get the latest version, this is where to start looking. With PNDStore, you can automatically get updates to the apps here.

The Appstore is Craigix wanna-be-apple solution. All apps has to pass some form of screening. Afaik, there's no quality control what so ever. However, because of craigix efforts, this is the most complete place when it comes to apps/games. Although a few of them are are outdated or broken.

The file archive is more like a FTP-site where people just dump stuff. Considered legacy, but there might be some stuff only uploaded there. Only place at the moment that accepts non-PNDs.

Then, there's the wiki pages. these collects download links and discussion topics to most of the released software.
Cheers! That's cleared up that issue, I've been using a mixture of the repo and appstore so I'll try the repo first from now on thanks. :)

About the case, I don't have one myself and thus haven't seen what you're referring to, but could that velcro part possibly be for holding SD Cards, styli, or some other sorts of small doodads that you might need? A photograph might be handy, if you can provide one, please. :)

As an aside, this thread might be better off placed in the Support section, which will make it easier for others to find the solutions that you've been provided with above, so I'll move this there now, if that's alright.

About the case, I don't have one myself and thus haven't seen what you're referring to, but could that velcro part possibly be for holding SD Cards, styli, or some other sorts of small doodads that you might need? A photograph might be handy, if you can provide one, please. :)

As an aside, this thread might be better off placed in the Support section, which will make it easier for others to find the solutions that you've been provided with above, so I'll move this there now, if that's alright.

Sure that's what I thought too, but it's too small for an SD card and too big for a stylus, so I can't think of anything else.

Anyway, here it is :

110g37t.jpg

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
For a case I brought a 3DS case that uses elastic to hold the console in, it has 6 card holder and an elastic piece on the spine for a stylus.

I'm going to sew a patch over the top and pop a little foam in there to add a bit of protection and cover the 3DS logo (someone thought my Pandy was a 3DS as a result).

Sure that's what I thought too, but it's too small for an SD card and too big for a stylus, so I can't think of anything else.

Anyway, here it is :

110g37t.jpg
Any ideas?
I've never worked out what was for. I was thinking a mini wifi-dongle, seeing as they were going to give those out, but there's not enough space with the Pandora in it too.

How strange. Maybe it's for USB cables, or something of that nature?

How strange. Maybe it's for USB cables, or something of that nature?
Could be alright, or a USB dongle like BLACKALiCE suggested. There really isn't much room for anything though.

Any of the devs know what this is for? Who designed the case?

Back