New Gp2x

trebormills

Still Fresh
Got a gp2x on Fri at about 18:00...spent next few hours loading up mame, amiga, neo geo, scumm, home brew and demos. Had fun..then spent a few more hours trying to get roms etc sorted to work with gp2x...also looking into recode options for movies.

Bought recharger with 4 2500 rated batts along with 1gb sd from tescos...will source tasty 4gb later

I can finally play all my old games when I want to anywhere ..hopefully... B)

The MASTER posted on Mar 10 2007 at 10:50 PM said:
It would have been worth the £100 for me just to play Manic Miner in bed...
Funny you should say that

£100 worth:

Beat em ups- Neo geo and BOR..oh yes... sam shodun 1 is fav
ZXspec- manic miner and if i can work out what to do skool daze
amiga- oh yes...run my a1200, cd32 or my GP2x portable amiga
mame- 1941, mr do, 10 yard fight, strider and more
scumm- mk1,mk2, fotaq, bass and once i get hold of them dott, sam n max
pc- quake and doom
snes- cant get it working at mo but looking forward to mario cart and bomberman

like a dos pc, snes, game gear, game boy, amiga, neo geo, arcade, ipod movie only better

My wants:
n64??? please someone do a goldeneye n64 emu.. best game ever
3d0?? need for speed, return fire and road rash

Last edited by a moderator:
trebormills posted on Mar 10 2007 at 03:08 PM said:
My wants:
First of all, Descent. The best game EVER, period. It has been ported :D.

Second, don't ever mention n64 around here (flames are creeping toward me), things can get out of hand with topics getting closed and what-not.

It has no 3D chip so it can't possibly work. The PSX doesn't really even have a 3D chip and it is 3-4x less powerful (and doesn't have huge carts to eat the system memory up) and it doesn't even work playably.

Maybe, possibly on a different machine with a 3D chip (like a successor to the GP2X), we could have some emulation of more powerful systems. So don't expect it. The processors can't even do floating-point math in the GP2X.

Wow, The Master, you seem to have been posting for me :p Manic Miner and (original) R-Type are just what dreams are made of :)

Found an answer to the golden eye issue....wad file for doom that makes it look like goldeneye...not 100% but it may help

Also as i thought a few of you have said i will need correct "old" mame roms rather than new roms which then need converting

as to emu for newer stuff:= Gp3x needed!!! with 3d and 2d skills

However I am pretty happy with things

:D

PS-SCUMM VM issues
My amiga copy of mi2 worked last night but this morning i am getting an error code in scumm...dang
My amiga copy mk1 asks for password and i cant enter it as no bob...they ran out of stock so couldnt sell me one...double dang
thankfully bass and fotaq are go!!!

try this for monkey island 2: press the stick button and left or right shoulder button to enter values. When I am playing mi2, all I need to enter are some random values and it works. The code disc is not needed anymore (eventhough it was fun back in the old days... cardboard, that's what I call true hardware peripherals).

EDIT: Oops, you were talking about mi1... I would think, that it works the same way, but for some reason my mi1 copy for the gp2x doesn't have a code screen...

xnopasaranx posted on Mar 11 2007 at 10:05 PM said:
try this for monkey island 2: press the stick button and left or right shoulder button to enter values. When I am playing mi2, all I need to enter are some random values and it works. The code disc is not needed anymore (eventhough it was fun back in the old days... cardboard, that's what I call true hardware peripherals).

EDIT: Oops, you were talking about mi1... I would think, that it works the same way, but for some reason my mi1 copy for the gp2x doesn't have a code screen...

My copy is an original amiga version off my a1200 hdu.....still have box with info...just cant enter it into gp2x. Will get hold of no password version to bypass problem

No way the PSP will work with the goldeneye game... that requires "high-end system" on PC N64 emulators. Probably not going to happen on any this-gen handhelds. Just FYI.

The MASTER posted on Mar 10 2007 at 11:45 PM said:
My only want is arcade R-Type at full speed, then I can die happy in GP2X underpants

YYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!! Such a shame that there isn't a Megadrive version - I bet it would have been sweet! Ahh well...

Whilst we're wishing our lives away, an arcade Outrun would be good... And Space Harrier... Then I'm happy :)

I find the PC Engine arcade games to be excellent, R-Type and many others run very well on the GP2X using the PC Engine emulator.

Great underrated machine the PC Engine is

trebormills posted on Mar 10 2007 at 07:08 PM said:
My wants:

n64, never happenin (as said) 3DO soon, well, there was a topic about an emu being in production adn to come out in a month or so (cant remember what the dev said) but look back a page or two for it and for monkey island, the amiga version in scumm, try to get your hands on a dos floppy version, that will work

try the C64 versions of R-Type and Space Harrier. both of them play fantastically. R-Type is damn hard!
and Space Harrier looks a bit crap (no 3d checkerboard-ground effect) but it still plays like a dream, and is really fast.

edit: use Frodo because Vice isn't fast enough

Back