New Gp2x Review!!! @ Trusted Reviews!!

dsraa

heys guys, just saw this..brand new review of our favorite gadget..

LINK

DSR

nice review. The unit looks smaller in hand than I thought it to be. More pics would be nice though.

heh, I noticed that too. I was thinking "What the hell kind of monster hands does that guy HAVE?!"
Then I realised it's that dude from Big Fish! Has to be, hasn't it? ^_^

Nope - any more than a PC with a graphics card is dual-core: Dual-core doesn't mean "it has two processors in it".

The GP2X's second processor is more of a co-processor. It doesn't have an MMU.

its a good review, at least they didnt just claim things like mp4/wmv and they actually used it and did their homework.

I liked it, and also "the GP2X is perfect as it is a lot more than a gaming platform - it’s a multifunctional entertainment device with more flexibility than a Russian gymnast." :D

yes, good review (and giant hands!!! i thought for a sec that it was the xgp mini!)

An excellent review there, and by jove does that guy have huge hands.

If I were to be fussy, I'd point out that I've never seen diagonal lines on my MK2. But I'm not fussy, else I'd hate the GP2X an awful lot, so yay.

oneandoneis2 posted on Aug 7 2006 at 09:09 AM said:
Nope - any more than a PC with a graphics card is dual-core: Dual-core doesn't mean "it has two processors in it".

Isn't it one CPU with 920 and 940 cores? That isn't dual-core? Or do you mean the way they're connected isn't dual core?

I'm confused now. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
jmetal88 posted on Aug 7 2006 at 02:05 PM said:

Isn't it one CPU with 920 and 940 cores? That isn't dual-core? Or do you mean the way they're connected isn't dual core?

Ignore that dope, read the page in my sig, it has a nice big picture of the MMSP2 layout. (the very first link that says MagicEyes)

Technically Linux doesn't see dual-cores, but they are there and a 3D engine on the second core has been demonstrated, also sound has been done on the second core (?) I think.

nubie posted on Aug 7 2006 at 09:03 PM said:
jmetal88 posted on Aug 7 2006 at 02:05 PM said:

Ignore that dope, read the page in my sig, it has a nice big picture of the MMSP2 layout. (the very first link that says MagicEyes)

Technically Linux doesn't see dual-cores, but they are there and a 3D engine on the second core has been demonstrated, also sound has been done on the second core (?) I think.

Alright, glad I've got my definition of dual core straight now! Pretty much what I thought it was. Thanks for pointing out those links.

Back